Burning .TS file to DVD?

Hello,

A friend has sent me a file of Glastonbury Festival (music video) from TV a few weeks ago.

I believe it is HD but it is a .TS file, I really have never worked with .TS files before.

I believe I have to convert it if I want to put it to DVD.

I would like to convert it WITHOUT any quality loss, could somebody please tell me a “free” and most easy way to do this ?, as I really don’t know much at all about DVD authoring etc.

Cheers

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f32/converting-ts-files-224837/
Depending on the format, you may need to convert it to another format &/or resolution.
Quality loss is inevitable.

As in the thread, super will do it easily.
You can do it other ways to minimise quality loss with multi-pass compression … but … you said easy.

Thanks !, OK then please explain how I could do it with as little quality loss as possible !
Cheers

If it were recorded on ITV HD then its kinda HD, if not, it were recorded on BBC iStream and is in SD resolution, just recorded via a PVR.

Try with tsremux and tsmuxer first, then something like SUPER.

[QUOTE=bomber2007;2309172]Hello,

A friend has sent me a file of Glastonbury Festival (music video) from TV a few weeks ago.

I believe it is HD but it is a .TS file, I really have never worked with .TS files before.

I believe I have to convert it if I want to put it to DVD.

I would like to convert it WITHOUT any quality loss, could somebody please tell me a “free” and most easy way to do this ?, as I really don’t know much at all about DVD authoring etc.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys,
SUPER seems to do the job !
Cheers

I’m a little confused as to which settings I need to have things on using SUPER.

I would like to keep the quality as close to the original as possible.

For example if my input .TS file audio is MP2 128kbps, do I make my output file kbps setting the same or make it as high as possible eg 384 kbps ?

If the original input file is 128kbps and I set the output at 128kbps wouldn’t that degrade the quality output file more than if I had used 384kbps as an output setting ?, or does selecting 128kbps keep it the same as the original 128 kbps input file ?

I also have the same confusion about selecting the frames per second for output.

Even if Super works for you, the resulting output file container (VOB etc. will still need to be authored/converted to a proper DVD structure(Vob’s, Ifo’s, Bup’s), for standalone DVD player support…I don’t think Super can do that…
You should be able to convert your .TS file to DVD with DVDflick or ConvertxtoDVD…
I’ve never used this but it’s worth a look/try,
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/HDTV2DVD

Latest super does have nice Mux/De-mux features as well as loads of converting options…