Burning Trance - Techno CD's without Gaps AT ALL

vbimport

Hello, I have search many upon many post and threads and I still can’t figure it out. I have a few Trance CDs that have multiple tracks and there are not any gaps in between the songs. I have used both Roxio and Itunes to burn these CD’s but everytime I burn them and play them in my stereo, there is a small gap in between the songs. When I say gap, I do not mean the usual 2 second problem. The gap is less than a second but it is still there. Is there a way to get rid of this, mini-gap? Do I need to save it as a .WAV and then peice it together, convert to MP3 and burn. Is there other burning software, ie…Nero, that will eliminate this mini gap.

I thank you all for your help and assistance. :bow:

It is not clear from your post what you are trying to accomplish.

1. what is the source: audio CD, one big MP3, separate MP3 tracks?
  2. what is the destination: audio CD or data CD with MP3s?

I think I know what you are trying to do. A few tips:

Do not use Mp3, they do not work right, use Wav.

If the CDs you are copying have any gaps at all, you will have more work on your hands.

If they have no gaps, then simply copy the CD using Disc At Once burn setting.

If the CD you are copying already has gaps, then you will have to manually remove them in an audio editor if you want a perfect mix.

If the source is Mp3 to begin with (such as a downloaded Mp3 album of an Electronica mix with individual files for each track) you must manually remove gaps (which is not a quick and easy process) Unless there is a new magical program available that can do it for you, which I seriously doubt.

I’m sure someone will tell you to use the “remove silence at the end of audio tracks” setting in Nero, or some other similar setting in a similar program, but I assure you that will not work.

If you have access to the original “gap free” CD just do an exact copy of that disc.

If not, try Sony Soundforge 8 (trial version) or a similar audio editor.

If you like electronica, visit my website: http://www.digitalliquid.tk -->Artists Page–>DJ Mind, there you can hear one of my latest mixes.

Hope I helped…Peace and Luv,

DJ Mind

Gotcha, Thanks DJ Mind. You ROCK. And I mean that. You have some awesome beats.

I will try Sony Soundforge.

WHOOO HOOO :slight_smile:

Thanks!!!

Holla at me if you need more help!

Peace and Luv,

DJ Mind

Hi there. 1st time post for me.
I have an Audio cd that is a mix from my friend who is a dj. There are 13 tracks in one continuous mix .He has put the tracks in fine with his cd recorder whilst he was doing the mix so i can skip from track to track without the need to fast forward manually . When i put the cd in my pc it recognises each track indvidualy like it should. I want to burn this cd so it reads as one track 80 mins long to load onto my pc . is this possible. I use nero 6 at the moment or roxio.

Hi DTR.

If i get you correctly, you have 13 audio tracks that you want to rip as 1 long track?

The easiest way to do that is to use a program like Goldwave (what i use) to merge all the files together.

AS for burning Audio without gaps, I use NERO 6 (not Nero Express), choose Audio CD, and drag the audio files into order, highlight them all, right click, select properties and where Pause is, put 0 seconds. This works as I do this often.

NOTE: when burning it may come up with an error saying “First track must have minimm of 2 second gap” just click OK and that will still work.

If you highlight all but the 1st track and follow TheRabbi’s instructions, you wont get the error and it will burn just fine. :iagree:

I see nobody mentions Foobar2000, which can burn gapless CD’s with correctly ripped MP3’s. Just install the player, import the tracks, select them all, rightclick --> burn to CD and it will decode the MP3’s, make a CD image and write it. Works perfect for me.

[QUOTE=TheRabbi;1062583]Hi DTR.

If i get you correctly, you have 13 audio tracks that you want to rip as 1 long track?

The easiest way to do that is to use a program like Goldwave (what i use) to merge all the files together.

AS for burning Audio without gaps, I use NERO 6 (not Nero Express), choose Audio CD, and drag the audio files into order, highlight them all, right click, select properties and where Pause is, put 0 seconds. This works as I do this often.

NOTE: when burning it may come up with an error saying “First track must have minimm of 2 second gap” just click OK and that will still work.[/QUOTE]

Hi Rabbi
I’ve been trying to burn a Mix tape using mp3 format that’s free from gaps and pauses and tried what you suggested above assuming you meant the burning rom, opposed to the express side of nero 6? I’m still getting a slight pause between the tracks. As I’m trying to promote music it is very important that i cure this. Can you be of help?

I would describe this as a “track synchronization issue”

If the original source has no gaps but HAS seperate "Tracks"
then ripping and subsequently burning the music with EAC (free download) and using it’s native burner will make “gapless” playback.

Roxio is still useful to me for making mp3-CDs, but if it is possible to make mp3’s play back gaplessly I’ve never heard of it.

Making cdda/wav files play back gaplessly is generally a matter of not using flawed software to do your burning.

AD