my computer
mother board asus p 4 bus 533
p4 2.4 ghz
with DD maxtor 80 go 7200rpm
ram 256 ddr pc 2100
and i have 3 cd writers “lg +samsung”

please i don’t know how i can composing the 3 writers
thank you

You need software that can burn to multiple recorders. Nero retail will do 2 at once.

Hi scobido, welcome to our forum! You can find more information: in the following article: http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/93.

thank you for your reply
my problems is how i can put 3 cd writer in the ATX “computer BOX” ,i have nero mx and plug in
thank you

We’ll need to know your current configuration, and what you wish to add.
If you currently have just the one HD, you will want to put 2 burners on the secondary channel as master/slave, and the 3rd drive on the primary channel with the HD, the burner would be slave to the HD.
You may wish to look into installing a HD controller card (PCI) and move the HD to that, leaving the main IDE channels free for burners.

thank’s
i have one HD master with cd rom slave
in the scondary i put burner “one” =master
and the other ide cable i put the flopy disk
if i add othr burner "1=master,2=slave"to scondary channel and other burner with HD can be ok
thank you

Hi I just found this great forum and was hoping someone could help me confirm my multiple burner setup. I just bought two lite-on 411/451 DVD burners and would like to set them up for multiple recording of the same data at the same time with Nero 6.3.0.0 Ultra.

My hardware is:
2.4ghz Pentium 4
1GB DDR 333mhz RAM
Windows XP Home SP1 w/all current Windows patches
2 Maxtor 120GB ATA 133 7200RPM drives on the Main IDE channel
(currently) 1 Samsung 52X CDRW (master) & 1-Lite On DVD-ROM player only (slave) on the Secondary IDE
1 Samsung 52X CDRW (master) on a 2-port SIIG ATA 133 PCI IDE card

Just wondering if someone could tell me the best IDE setup to connect my two liteon DVD burners (I’ll be pulling out the 2 Samsung CDRWs obviously). Thanks!

Just wondering if someone could tell me the best IDE setup to connect my two liteon DVD burners (I’ll be pulling out the 2 Samsung CDRWs obviously). Thanks!

No, unfortunately, no one can advise you because it depends on your MB and IDE controller. You should be able to run both burners on the same channel if they use identical burn strategy and you are burning from the same program simultaneously. however some IDE controllers will balk and you get a serious buffer fluctuation.
So the answer is that you gotta try it and see how it goes. Splitting the drives between separate channels will be the best option if you only consider the burn operation, but may not be the best option for over-all system performance.
The best solution will be to move the HD’s to the PCI card and run only optical drives on the main IDE. Optical drives should not be run on most PCI controllers.

OK, thanks for the tips. I will try moving my HD’s to the pci IDE card when I get home and start from there!

Originally posted by dpags
OK, thanks for the tips. I will try moving my HD’s to the pci IDE card when I get home and start from there!

I run 4 optical drives on the MB IDE, I have successfully burned to 3 at once, with 2 running from one application on one channel, and the 3rd burning from another application on the other channel.