Burning to DVD-R?

Can anyone please help!! I dont know what I am doing wrong, but it wont let me burn to my DVD-R. I have like 200 of them and I want to use them.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to burn to DVD-R. I am using DVDFab Platinum 3.
Thanks!!!

Well, from your post there’s not much to go on so it’s tough to nail down a specific solution.
Have you ever successfully burned one of these -R in your burner?..with any program?
Are the ripped files intact…able to view from the hdd?
For starters try this.
In[B] Common settings[/B]:
Try[B] SAO [/B] in Write type and reduce your burn speed.

Useful info: burner and firmware, burn speed, MID (media code), configuration settings in platinum, etc.

[Edit]

Sorry haynespitbulls,
Hi and welcome to cdfreaks… :iagree:

I use Premium DVD-Rs all the time.

This is my first time burning DVDs.
I have a BENQ DVD DC DQ60 burner, running on Windows XP.
I have everything on the Default in DVDFab P. I didnt know what to change, so I didnt change anything.

Im not sure what the MID is.
I hope this helps.
Thanks for any input!

MID = media code. It gives us the manufacturer (hopefully, not just brand name) and is a good indicator of quality.
Click on the nero cd/dvd speed in my link and download and install it, that is if you don’t all ready have it. Nero may have come with your Benq unless it was oem.

Click on the disc info tab.
See the attached image.
It displays the MID, burner and firmware

Here are the setting that I use and haven’t had any problems in ages, hope it helps
My DVDFAB Platinum Settings Which Work Great For Me

Read

I/O Mode: Auto

Check: Ask Retry/Ignore/Abort When Reading Error

Retry: 5 Times

Skip Sectors After Reading Error: 32

Cache Control: Check Enable Read Ahead

Write

Write: Burning Engine VSO

Write Speed: 4X or 8X ( I use 12X myself because I use 16X Verbatim media )

DVD Writeable Media: DVD-5 Size 4472 ( less compression )

Write Type: SAO

Check Booktype To DVD-ROM ( only for DVD+R/RW Media )

Protection

Check Everything
Good Luck

Probably the question really needs to address what you plan to play them back on too. BenQ should handle those discs as dash R is the most compatible with all players. I have a different model BenQ and it came with Qsuite, a package to adjust some settings on the burner. Qsuite will also scan a Blank DVD and it will give you feedback on what burn results that you will get. I don’t know if you have that with drive, but there are several threads in the hardware section of CDFreaks. Someone there will be able to help with that drive settings and firmware updates etc. You said that you had 200, so hope that you bought a 200 pack of TYs.