Burning TiVo'ed DVD's onto a new DVD

Hello - This is my first posting on this site. I will appreciated any help.

I burned a TiVo-saved program onto a DVD+R and then copied the file onto my hard drive. I can playback the program on my PC. However, when I tried to burn the file using NERO onto a new DVD+R disc, I got the following messages:
Required file VIDEO_TS.ISO is not present

I downloaded a TiVo program using my DVD burner and copied the file to my hard drive. I am able to view the program on my PC. However, when I try to burn the file using NERO onto a new DVD (+R), I get the following messages:

[INDENT]Required file ‘VIDEO_TS.IFO’ is not present
Required file ‘VIDEO_TS.BUP’ is not present
Thanks in advance for any help. Please keep it siimple. :flower:

[/INDENT]

Hello sailorsammy70, welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

You’ll get best help in the Newbie forum, so I’ll move your thread there.

The .IFO and .BUP files are basically written instructions that tell the DVD player what it has and how to deal with it when you put a disk in it. They are created during a process called authoring. Search this forum or Videohelp.com for ‘authoring software’.

[quote=sailorsammy70;1923325]I downloaded a TiVo program using my DVD burner and copied the file to my hard drive. I am able to view the program on my PC. However, when I try to burn the file using NERO onto a new DVD (+R), I get the following messages:

Required file ‘VIDEO_TS.IFO’ is not present
Required file ‘VIDEO_TS.BUP’ is not present

Thanks in advance for any help. Please keep it siimple. [/quote]Use ‘DVD-ROM (ISO)’ template in Nero rather than the ‘DVD-Video’ one.

SAILORSAMM,
Your best bet not to be so technical about it is just take your dvd
that has the program and burn it to another dvd using a different
software. Try downloading dvdfab or some other and you shouldn’t
have no problem.
Good Luck ZAP.

Thanks for the reply. I have Nero 5 version. It does not have a ‘DVD-ROM (ISO)’ option. Is there a later version of NERO that I should download?

Hmmm… that’s strange because that’s just what Nero was built for. Is there nothing like this appearing when you start a ‘New Compilation’ window: