Burning takes too long

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S202J / TS-H652J. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I’m trying to burn 6 .avi files on a DVD, using Nero Burning Rom 7.5.9.0
I was burning around 5 disk okay, the average time was about 15 minutes (writing and verification) on 8x.

Suddenly, it started to take long time, around one hour and more, just to write files + verification…

What could be the problem? I checked in my CP, ‘DMA if available’ is everywhere selected.

Anyone?

Hi,QUOTE=Agent001;2445886
Suddenly, it started to take long time, around one hour and more, just to write files + verification…

What could be the problem?[/quote]DMA.

I checked in my CP, ‘DMA if available’ is everywhere selected.
And what is the current transfer mode?

Michael

I updated my firmware from SB00 to SB03, and now it works ok, at least it doesn’t take an hour to write it.

Is it normal that writing and verification take ~20 minutes on an XWAVE dvd?

[QUOTE=Agent001;2446940]
Is it normal that writing and verification take ~20 minutes on an XWAVE dvd?[/QUOTE]It depends on the write speed selected and real speed, for verification it might also depend on the readability of a certain disc (or on a riplock with video DVDs).

Assuming, you have used 8x speed for writing and assuming your drive reads that disc at 8x (max), 20 minutes processing time including verify is not impossible.

Michael