Burning Successful but won't play

I am wondering if anyone is having problems?
I have been using DVD Fab. 4 with not problem until recently it is burning my disk and it saids burn successful, but when I try to play it back in my DVD players it will not play, it saying error no disk and sometimes this disk is not playable in this DVD player. I have no had any problems until recently and I am using the same Sony DVD-R. I upgraded to DVD Fab 5 and it is also doing the same thing.
I am wondering if there’s anything I can try to get these DVD’s 2 work or if anyone else is having this problem as well?

Will it play on your computer and is it closed ? Sony media is made by many companies so it also could be a bad batch. You can check it on Nero CDSpeed to see if it’s ok also

Have you tried burning with another program manually like ImgBurn for example?

Hi ash_c85 and welcome to cdfreaks,

As suggested by Jimbo …are the discs closed (ie., finalized)? and will they play in your pc?
And advice from beef, try burning with Img and see if these discs are playable.

In [B]Common settings [/B]> [B]Write[/B] > Please change from packet writing to [B]SAO[/B] and see if this resolves your issue

Also, if you could post a few burn logs, it would help us nail down the problem for you.

For VSO,
The default location is:
C:\Documents and Settings[I]Administrator Name[/I]\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

I changed the write process to SAO like you said and I made a DVD and it worked in my DVD player, so hopefully that corrected the problem completely… Thanks to all for ur help!! :smiley:

[QUOTE=ash_c85;2066584]I changed the write process to SAO like you said and I made a DVD and it worked in my DVD player, so hopefully that corrected the problem completely… Thanks to all for ur help!! :D[/QUOTE]
We’re glad to hear you’re up and running again…:cool:

I have the same problem… I changed the write setting and still no go… it will play on every device but the one it was burned on.

[QUOTE=aziceman5150;2067201]I have the same problem… I changed the write setting and still no go… it will play on every device but the one it was burned on.[/QUOTE]Sorry to hear that. :sad: Can you tell us more about your writer model and the media you are using?

My writer is a Pioneer DVD-RW, DVR-K16rs (firmware 1.35). Media Ridata DVD+R 16X… and like i said it plays on every machine but the laptop i burn it on…
Thanks for any help you can give as this “issue” has me baffled.

[QUOTE=aziceman5150;2067213]My writer is a Pioneer DVD-RW, DVR-K16rs (firmware 1.35). Media Ridata DVD+R 16X… and like i said it plays on every machine but the laptop i burn it on…
Thanks for any help you can give as this “issue” has me baffled.[/QUOTE]There is a firmware version 1.42 here. Might give it a try.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Support/BusinessProducts/Blu-rayDisc+DVDWriters/DVDComputerWriters/ci.DVR-K16.Support?tab=B

Thanks… Gummigutta… The update comes back “target not found”… Grrr this is driving me more nuts than i already am