Burning stuff on DVD/CD

vbimport

I am currently using Nero 8 Ultimate to burn everything, however I am experiencing troubles about which of the parts of Nero I need to use and how to use those.

Currently I have several games in .ISO format, 11 South Park seasons in .AVI and 1000s of .MP3’s and have not been able to create any useful DVD yet.

Could anyone provide me with links where I can read how to do this?

CD’s in .MP3 do not work in my father’s CD player in his car, but I can read the files on my computer.
The south park episodes are not burnable in .avi, while I do want that. I’ve tried using Nero Burning ROM but that can only do CD’s. Nero Express wants to convert them to DVD-5 per sé which changes the file size from a max. season size of 2.7GB to nearly 9GB. I’d like to keep one season per DVD.

Also, I’ve got 4 episodes in Season 1 which have slightly other resolution and bitrate than the others and have a VLC logo on the miniature instead of a screenshot from the episode (all others have a black screen, which is the first image that comes up right before the disclaimer bit). I’ve tried following some links from this forum, but those go to old sites that do not work; one site did work but that site wasn’t able to fix my .avi’s to new .avi’s. How do I do this?

Your problems with your music cd’s not playing in your car stereo, are most likely due to the brand of media you use. Try a better quality CD, and burn at a lower speed.

You other issues, can be answered by reading the guides within the forum here for imgburn, and other softwares.

It also has to be a car CD player that recognizes both recordable CD disc & .mp3 files.
Some do & some don’t.
On the South Park 9GB is probably correct .You need to put that on a DL disc or compress the 9GB with a program like DVDShrink down to 4.36GB for a single layer disc.
I don’t have any games of this type so someone else will need to help you with those.
The VLC logo is from you doing an “always open with” at some point.This type file can be assigned to “always open with” another program from R.click properties.
If you want to completly remove this you have to use regedit.Once in the registry do a find for this type of file .Remove the Value Data (leave blank) in the default.Do find next until all the way through the registry doing this to any of this type file that has the VLC in the Default .
Here is my disclaimer DON’T do this if your not comfortable with editing the registry & have some experience .

Burn the .avi and .mp3 files using the ‘data’ template on Nero. Otherwise it will try to convert them to DVD-Video and is the reason you’re getting a 9 GB projected file size.

The ISOs I would use ImgBurn in Write mode, rather than Nero. Normally when you make a backup, the application you used is given in the file icon though.

What I meant by the VLC logo is that ALL files have a screenshot of the first scene of the movie, except for four of them, who have the VLC logo on them. These four also have different resolution and bitrate, and when I tried to do Nero Burning ROM (before I found out it didn’t burn DVD’s) it didn’t recognise these four files as supported files, while it did recognise the other .avi’s.

imkidd: if I burn them as data, will a DVD player be able to play these? Also, if I’m not mistaken, then I can’t make a DVD menu etc.?

Nero Burning ROM burns DVDs; just select the ‘DVD’ disc option and then the ‘Data’ template.

Probably it is saying it can’t [I][B]convert[/B][/I] the four rogue files, but it should be able to just burn them as data. You can download Gspot, start it up and drop the files individually to see what the AV characteristics are.

I doubt whether you can make a menu for .avi files, unless you use the DivX Pro application (that does this I think).

DivX Pro doesn’t work. When I try to convert two seasons that add up to 3.3GB in one divx file with a menu, it comes up 6.9GB or something >.< Getting tired of this conversion shit.

I did burn season 1 and 2 as 'data-cd’s but now some files won’t play in WMP11; is this due to bad burning? I have mcc005 discs and a nec-ad7173s, what is the chance that this happens?

What I want to do is burn one season per disc with a menu, in the original state that it is now (thus .avi). Is this not possible? :S

Gamesua;Could you tell me how the files with the VLC logo were created?
I would like to see if I can duplicate the process & then see if I can remove the logo.
I’ve got to go somewhere now but I will post some conversion instructions later.My process is slow so if your not interested just tell me.

[quote=cholla;2043650]Gamesua;Could you tell me how the files with the VLC logo were created?
I would like to see if I can duplicate the process & then see if I can remove the logo.
I’ve got to go somewhere now but I will post some conversion instructions later.My process is slow so if your not interested just tell me.[/quote]
I downloaded them from newsgroups in .rar format with several par’s to repair. None of them had any missing blocks; if there were any, it was low enough to auto-repair using QuickPar.

Also one thing about ImgBurn: I can only mount a .ISO file in ImgBurn, is it possible to change the .ISO file so I can add a few files to it? Because I can’t add folders that contain server info and nocd crack etc. etc. through ImgBurn

[B]@Gamesua:[/B] we aren’t going to help you with using noCD cracks. You’re skating on thin ice here with talk of downloading multi-RAR sets, so I’ll ask you straight if these are commercial movies. While you’re thinking about it, read this:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/reminder-rules-newbies-183408/

[quote=imkidd57;2043749][B]@Gamesua:[/B] we aren’t going to help you with using noCD cracks. You’re skating on thin ice here with talk of downloading multi-RAR sets, so I’ll ask you straight if these are commercial movies. While you’re thinking about it, read this:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/reminder-rules-newbies-183408/[/quote]
Nope - I’m running out of harddisk space so I’m moving most of the .iso’s to DVD. Also, I’m not asking about the use of noCD cracks, but about how to implement other folders into .ISO’s. If it’s against your policy, I apologise and will not further mention it.

Also - is it possible to move multiple ISO’s to one DVD? Because I have several ISO’s under 1GB which could easily fit into one DVD.

If you can’t get burning of data files to work on Nero, then investigate the ‘Build’ Mode of ImgBurn.

For converting the .AVI files you can put several of them into DivxtoDVD You will end up with DVD files.
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/vso_divxtodvd_free.cfm
I can’t tell you exactly how many GB’s of .AVI you can convert till you end up with the correct amount to fill a single layer DVD disc .I would try just one an average one of the kind you have & see what its size is after the conversion.
Gamesua;Didn’t mean to ask anything that would cause a problem.
Myself I don’t know what noCD cracks are So I will have to look it up just to know.
Did you use the VLC player somewhere in the process of the corrupted files?
I’m not sure just how to combine Multiple .iso’s Interesting idea.I will work on it & see if I can come up with something.

First of all, I did never ask for any way to obtain illegal things; I only asked for ways to alter certain things that I had gotten through possible less-legal ways. I understand illegal software obtainment information is not allowed here and am in no way trying to encourage or ask for that either. (By the way, FYI, downloading movies is 100% legal in Holland :stuck_out_tongue: )

Anyway, after a few days I’ve found a solution to my ISO problems.

To edit ISO’s, you need either IsoMaster (I think it is free) to open the ISO files, then to add the files you need, then to create a new ISO, or PowerIso (which isn’t free - but you can try to download it somehow, I won’t tell you how though). PowerIso is a really good one, because it can open, extract, mount, create and burn ISO’s.

To create one DVD from multiple ISO’s, I used PowerIso to extract the files from all the ISO’s to one folder per ISO. Then put those together into one file using IMGBurn Build mode. I ended up with 5 folders containing all the files from their respective ISO’s. When I mounted this with DaemonTools, the ISO was NOT bootable, but I could manually select all files, and so I could also run setup etc. so it did work, but the autorun option does not work.

For the movies, I still don’t know how to do it. I want to be able to create one DVD per season, with a menu, without having to convert all the .AVI files (or if I have to convert them, in such a way that they are not bigger than they are now).

[quote=Gamesua;2045520]First of all, I did never ask for any way to obtain illegal things; I only asked for ways [B]to alter certain things that I had gotten through possible less-legal ways[/B]. I understand illegal software obtainment information is not allowed here and am in no way trying to encourage or ask for that either.[/quote]You obviously didn’t understand from reading the forum rules that we can’t discuss what you may have obtained illegally. Please don’t ask about this again.

Thread closed.