Burning Softwear Problem

vbimport

I have a CD with soft wear on the disk . I have made a copy of the disk as I want to Keep the original in good condition.
I have opened the disk to see if the files are on the disk which they are.
When I place the copied disk into the burner the disk will run but dos not provide the window to open up the program. .
This soft wear requires the disk in the drive to enable the program to run and open. The window to open the disk dos not come up…
The original works OK.
I use Ha and Nero 7 ultra.
And I have the same problem with both burning soft wear programs.
I also have region free.
I can get a not-her person to copy the disk on his PC and it works OK.
I am using Verbatim CD-R disk I also burn at different speeds.
I have also used a not-her one of my PC and the same thing happens.

Why dos the window not come up when Inserting the copied disk.

Greg.

[QUOTE=gregrae;2062293]I have a CD with soft wear on the disk . I have made a copy of the disk as I want to Keep the original in good condition.
I have opened the disk to see if the files are on the disk which they are.
When I place the copied disk into the burner the disk will run but dos not provide the window to open up the program. .
This soft wear requires the disk in the drive to enable the program to run and open. The window to open the disk dos not come up…
The original works OK.
I use Ha and Nero 7 ultra.
And I have the same problem with both burning soft wear programs.
I also have region free.
I can get a not-her person to copy the disk on his PC and it works OK.
I am using Verbatim CD-R disk I also burn at different speeds.
I have also used a not-her one of my PC and the same thing happens.

Why dos the window not come up when Inserting the copied disk.

Greg.[/QUOTE]

Who(m) is not-her anyway? If we at least get the name of the program would help us figure out the problem. Your being vague on specifics to be of much us help?? What hardware and firmware drive do you have? What O/S are you running? What is the exact version of Nero 7 Ultra your using? Just saying Nero 7 Ultra won’t tell us which version you have.

The Program is EFIL 2007
Electronic Fault Information Library.
OS is windowes XP Pro + service pack 2
Pentium 4 CPU 2.40 GHz
512 MB of ram
LG DVD Duel layer burner
40 Gig HD with 20 Gig free space.
Nero 7 Ultra versiuon 7.5.9.0
I hope this helps you with my problem

One thing is to check to see what kinda protection they have built into the software thus preventing you from making and if you did make a backup for it to work properly. Also they do have Service Pack 3 for XP out now don’t know if that will help with your specific software issue. It could me some kinda securom protection preventing you from making proper backup to use. If that is the case you left with asking the software company to send you a replacement if your currently one becomes damaged.

How do I find out what protection is on the CD

[QUOTE=gregrae;2063762]How do I find out what protection is on the CD[/QUOTE]

Ok…I did find a page that might have some info on utilities to help you identify what protection you have on your cd.

http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_utils.shtml

then go to CD/DVD Identifying Utilities I am not sure which one you will try but give them a try to see what they can identify what kinda protection you have on your cd. Also you might look at this one to see what it can do for you

Much game software has copy protection that prevents working copies being made by ordinary copy means, and it’s necessary to use special copy programs such as Alcohol 120%.

Have you sorted it out yet?, I’ve got an older version which I backed
up just fine.

Why go into all this trouble when you can simply use Daemon Tools? I am using it for the past years and I have never been disappointed:iagree: