Burning Software?

vbimport

Hi all. I have a BENQ CRW 3210A. I would just like to know what burning software I should use with it? I got Nero with it and I've updated it, but the maximum speed that I can burn is only 16x :frowning: but I know that I can burn at 32x and rewrite at 10x.

Is there any way I could fix this problem in Nero? Or should I get some new burning software? If so what kind of software??

Thanks... :slight_smile:

Your writing speed also depends on the media you are using. Did you try another brand of cdr first?

Try Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Basic/Platinum.

Its also a good software.

I like both Nero & Roxio.

Originally posted by Upp3rd0G
Your writing speed also depends on the media you are using. Did you try another brand of cdr first?

So it depends on the media Im using. Im using Kodak CD-R Ultima 80 cds and the package says 1x-12x speed, so I guess that I was lucky that I was able to burn at 16x.

So there is no way I could burn 32x unless Im using 32x cds??

Thanks darshanjog for the tip ;). I’ll try and get a copy somewhere.

Some good quality media will burn at higher speeds than the ones they are rated for, but you should be better off with 32x qualified media :wink:

The speed depends on the media. As you have seen, some CDRs can be writen at a higher speed than they are certified. (Your Kodak 12x was writen at 16x) You can write for example many 24x media at 32x.

Nero will show you the maximum speed that you can select.