Burning Software For Mac

vbimport

I am trying to help a friend who has a Mac, for which i know nothing about. Can someone please tell me how to burn a 780MB music file onto a 700MB CD. Is there a certain software that my friend can use that might possibly compress the file to fit? Somebody please help, thanks in advance!

[QUOTE=Chala;2534950]I am trying to help a friend who has a Mac, for which i know nothing about. Can someone please tell me how to burn a 780MB music file onto a 700MB CD. Is there a certain software that my friend can use that might possibly compress the file to fit? Somebody please help, thanks in advance![/QUOTE]
After a long day of research i am ableto answer my own question and help others who may have the same question:

No, it won’t fit. The file is too big.

Beyond that, audio is written to CD as CD-Audio, and is counted in minutes. It’s PCM (pulse-code modulation) digital audio data – there are no files on audio CDs. A 700MB CD-R will hold 80 minutes of audio, and that’s it.

The only other choice is to use the 99-minute CD-R. However, these discs are no longer made (as far as I know), and they were not always reliable. I’d certainly suggest against them for any archival use.

This person may simply need to split his/her content onto two discs.