Burning several .mov files to one dvd

vbimport

I downloaded 4 legal/educational .mov files for someone and want to put them all on one DVD to play on the dvd player, What would be best to burn them as? .mov are apple files aren’t they? Would i burn them as data files?

Win7 64 bit

If you’ll only be watching them on a computer then burn them as data. That will ensure the best available picture. If you want to watch them on a DVD or BluRay player then you’ll want to use a program like AVStoDVD or Windows DVD Maker to author them as a DVD.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2717266]If you’ll only be watching them on a computer then burn them as data. That will ensure the best available picture. If you want to watch them on a DVD or BluRay player then you’ll want to use a program like AVStoDVD or Windows DVD Maker to author them as a DVD.[/QUOTE]
I want them for dvd but all on one disk if possible, they are only about 30MB each. Do they have to be converted before burning? Thanks

As olyteddy suggested AVStoDVD is the program you want to use for this.
It will give you a DVD compliant DVD with menu if you want a menu or not if you don’t.
There is also the older DVDFlick but I like AVStoDVD better in most cases.
It can be set to “autoburn” after but I never do mine this way.

[QUOTE=cholla;2717270]As olyteddy suggested AVStoDVD is the program you want to use for this.
[B]It will give you a DVD compliant DVD [/B]with menu if you want a menu or not if you don’t.
There is also the older DVDFlick but I like AVStoDVD better in most cases.
It can be set to “autoburn” after but I never do mine this way.[/QUOTE]will it put 4 video_TS on one disk?

Since the .mov videos you have are about 30MB each I see no problem with it putting all 4 on one DVD.
All 4 will be in the same VIDEO_TS folder .
They will just be seperate titles .
I’m not certain how much their size will increase in the conversion but I’m sure it will be below the 4.35GB of a DVD single layer.

[QUOTE=cholla;2717273]Since the .mov videos you have are about 30MB each I see no problem with it putting all 4 on one DVD.
[B]All 4 will be in the same VIDEO_TS folder [/B].
They will just be seperate titles .
I’m not certain how much their size will increase in the conversion but I’m sure it will be below the 4.35GB of a DVD single layer.[/QUOTE]
[B]Oh i see[/B] thanks

Also there is a newer version of AVStoDVD than I’ve used.
I don’t expect there will be a problem with it. I just haven’t downloaded & tested anything with it yet. Mostly because I haven’t needed to.

[QUOTE=cholla;2717277]Also there is a newer version of AVStoDVD than I’ve used.
I don’t expect there will be a problem with it. I just haven’t downloaded & tested anything with it yet. Mostly because I haven’t needed to.[/QUOTE]Thanks i am trying with convertxtodvd as i have it. I did not realise till now AVStoDVD is free

Edit convertxtodvd did it, all of them on one dvd. Thanks guys

Just one thing with convertxtodvd. I wanted the disc title to be someone name but it gives me the title of the last movie burned . where do i change it

I usually suggest the freeware .
I don’t have convertxtodvd but all I’ve read about it is good.
Yes AVStoDVD is free.
One of it’s advantages is it uses the HCenc encoder if set to to so.
That probably wouldn’t make much difference for the .mov files you have.
On an action video it might.

[QUOTE=cannon;2717283]Just one thing with convertxtodvd. I wanted the disc title to be someone name but it gives me the title of the last movie burned . where do i change it[/QUOTE]
As above I don’t have convertxtodvd so I’ll have to let someone else answer that.
You might see if there is a “box” for naming the DVD title. Or
Just rename the last title to the DVD title you want.

OK found it in case it helps anyone else. Thanks guys

I too have some .mov files that I have wanted to burn to DVD (playable on a DVD player). Several of the .mov files are from my wife’s iphone. I have the .mov files transfered to my computer. When I play a .mov file on my desktop, it is tilted (like it needs to rotate counter-clockwise by 90 degrees). Can AVStoDVD rotate the .mov video ?

It is possible to add a command line in the AviSynth script to rotate the picture 90 degrees, but you are equally likely to stretch the picture and distort it doing this within AVStoDVD.

If you want to try it, import your video with the green + sign in the main window of AVStoDVD, then just under the green + sign, click on the gear icon to View/Edit Title Settings. This gives you a pop up window, so move to the AviSynth tab. Take the check mark out of the Automatic box and insert this line:

Video = Video.TurnLeft

You’ll notice that there is a space on each side of the = symbol.

To preview the effect, click on the gear icon at the bottom left of the screen in the AviSynth tab.

Rotating a .mov file is probably best done in Quicktime Pro, though I’ve read that it can be done with a free tool, Mpeg Streamclip.

AviDemux can probably do this as well, but I haven’t tried it.

[QUOTE=texasjackson;2717294]I too have some .mov files that I have wanted to burn to DVD (playable on a DVD player). Several of the .mov files are from my wife’s iphone. I have the .mov files transfered to my computer. When I play a .mov file on my desktop, it is tilted (like it needs to rotate counter-clockwise by 90 degrees).[B] Can AVStoDVD rotate the .mov video [/B]?[/QUOTE]
i googled that phrase and got no hits. convetxtodvd does