Burning select DVD tracks

vbimport

I have DVD X Copy, Alcohol 120%, and am evaluating (and will most likely purchase) AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

I am wondering if there is a way with the software that I have to only burn certain scenes to a DVD or image file? I know that there is a selector screen in CloneDVD, but I can’t seem to get it down to the detail I want. Also, to add to the confusion, I am wanting scenes from several discs on one DVD - so basically, I want to make a compilation disc of several scenes off different DVD’s.

Also, just out of curiosity, does anyone make image files and use a virtual drive on a HTPC to watch movies? It seems like a good idea to me, but I don’t have a HTPC right now and it seems like you would need a huge amount of storage to be able to keep a collection as images.

If you’d like to make a scene compilation dvd then i’d look for some dvd authoring software. With Clonedvd you can only cut chapters, with Alcohol you couldn’t cut anything. You can use for example NeroVisionExpress, very easy to use but there also others, have a look at here

DVDShrink can do this in reauthor mode. Rip all scenes/discs you want to your HD, then in Reauthor mode add the titels you want. You can then trim each title to the section you want to include, and backup you selections to a new set of VOBs, an ISO file, or shrink and burn right to DVD. This is how I backup flipper DVDs to one DVD+R.

I agree this is the process work perfectly OK until new Sony Microvision Protection came out recently that DVDShrink can’t do the job and you need AnyDVD latest version to remove this protection.

I suppose I should have mentioned that when I build DVDs this way, I rip what I want with AnyDVD/CloneDVD to the HD first. I just use Shrink to reauthor :thumbup

DVD shrink is free and will do compilations and scene selections using reauthor mode and start and stop frames. then you can compress and burn with other software such as Clonedvd, or just use dvdshrink :p. Recode will do this too.

Regardless I do reccomend anydvd it is a very good program for protections.