Burning SD2 cds with a LiteOn 32x12x40x CD Writer

Do you use Clone CD to copy SD2 cds with the above cd writer? if so what settings do you use? or what do you have to do otherwise?

Cheers

Ant

These settings work great for me :smiley: :

read settings:
read speed :max(4x is recommended,but max speed never failed me)
Fast error skip
settings for fast error skip:
read retries: 0
error correction: hardware

Write setting:
Max writing speed
Always close last sesion

I dont think I would be writing at maximum speed though as very few disks will be able to handle this sort of speed!! Much safer to use 16x or so, it is only a difference of about a min and much more reliable!! :smiley:

If you use max speed within Clone CD,it adjusts to the speed the cdr can handle…Never had a coaster burning at 24X when the media was suited for it(and if I used the right copy settings,LOL:D)

Thanks guys, I’ll be getting the CD-Writer very soon

Cheers

Ant

Do you have to make an image of the cd with your cd-rw drive and then write the image to a blank?

Cheers

Ant

No, if you have a good CD-ROM/DVD-ROM that supports all the needed reading modes in cloned you may use that one to read.

Some good:
Toshiba DVD/CD-ROM’s
Lite-on DVD-ROM’s
and some others.

Some bad:
pioneer DVD-ROM’s
Most noname/cheap CD-ROM’s
Many others.

It’s always nice to copy to an image anyway…I prefer that method. But with burnproof(smartburn) in the writer copying on the fly from a good reader should be no problem.

Thanks for the info, i’ve got a pioneer DVD drive and i started a on the fly copy but the error finding was taking ages so i made an image with the lite-on cd-rw drive and i’d say by the time i had the cd burnt and finished the dvd drive wouldn’t have finished.

Ant