Burning Ritek G03's at 4x on a Pioneer DVR-105. Possible?

I’m brand new to the dvd burning world. But I did put the firmware hack on my 105 to allow it to burn all media at 2x.
My question is, is it possible for Ritek G03 dvd-r media to burn at 4x?
Am I talking coaster city or is it worth it to try and hack the firmware to set Ritek G03 media to burn at 4x?

I’ve got the hacked firmware on mine, I burn my 1x media at 2x and my 2x media at 4x. I would like to thank the guys/gals who created the hacked firmware!! It really made the drive a real champ…with-out it, the drive is just OK, not great.

Originally posted by Astronutty
I’ve got the hacked firmware on mine, I burn my 1x media at 2x and my 2x media at 4x. I would like to thank the guys/gals who created the hacked firmware!! It really made the drive a real champ…with-out it, the drive is just OK, not great.

But which 2x media at 4x?

I have Memorex 2x Media…I am still using up my 1x Opteron media as of now.

How did you get your memorex media to burn at 4x? Nero won’t let me burn at anything above 2x with the Ritek even with firmware hack. :frowning:

Originally posted by Astronutty

So your saying that using the A/105 “2 speed 4 all” hack, you can burn your 2 speed discs at 4 speed :confused:

You on drugs?

Maybe with Ritek G04, he meant.

Hi

I have a pioneer a05 drive, and i bought some ritek g03 discs…the problem is i can burn them only at 1x speed and thats too slow! :frowning: My firmware is official 1.30

Where can i find that hacked firmware to burn this media at 2x?

Thanks a lot, hope you can help me!

Originally posted by suppafly
[B]Hi

I have a pioneer a05 drive, and i bought some ritek g03 discs…the problem is i can burn them only at 1x speed and thats too slow! :frowning: My firmware is official 1.30

Where can i find that hacked firmware to burn this media at 2x?

Thanks a lot, hope you can help me! [/B]

Start here: http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=12632

Thanks a lot

I read the whole FAQ but i still have a question.

MY drive has the official 1.30 firmware, can i just update it with the hacked 1.30 firmware?, or do i need to downgrade to 1.21 before applying the hacked 1.30?

Thanks!

I honestly don’t know since I’ve never done it. Try it.

Thanks a lot for your help.

I installed the hacked firmware over my official firmware without any problems, i am now burning ritek g03 media at 2x…excellent!

Thank you!! :slight_smile: