Burning Results

vbimport

Newbie…

Be gentle.

I’g getting excellent results burning DL DVD+'s, but not so great with single layer
discs. The test results for DL are good with nice smooth graphs. However the single layer DV+'s are smooth until about half way and then get a little erratic.

At first I thought it was just a media issue, but most of the media I use give me the exact same results. I’m not too worried as most of my discs score around 92-97% in the quality score and play fine, but I’m curious as to what the issue is. Is a it a settings issue with my NEC burner?

Ta! :flower:

It’ll help to post some images of the scans you’ve done.

Also a little more info , actually alot more, will help.

What burner (model & firmware) , software you use for burning, the media (brand & media ID) would all be helpful.

Sure … will do. Was going to do that anyway but need to get home from work. Will post later today with more info.

I’m using a NEC ND 3540 with the latest firmware.

Also have a look into the NEC section, especially threads about your drive.

I’m getting excellent results burning DL DVD+'s, but not so great with single layer
discs. The test results for DL are good with nice smooth graphs. However the single layer DV+'s are smooth until about half way and then get a little erratic.

At first I thought it was just a media issue, but most of the media I use give me the exact same results. I’m not too worried as most of my discs score around 92-97% in the quality score and play fine, but I’m curious as to what the issue is. Is a it a settings issue with my NEC 3540?

Why create another thread? Surely you read the rules about this!

apologies. :sad: :sad:

The other one is here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=178054

theonlyspoon, crossposting (posting the same thing more than once) is not allowed on this forum. Multiple posts just create more work for our members who may provide the same answer that has already been made in the other thread. Also by keeping it in one thread the question and all possible solutions are keep together. :wink: Your other thread has been merged into this one. Please read out rules before posting further.

Already apologised. I’m beginning to feel like that guy out of “Office Space”.

SORRY!

AGAIN.

I need to watch that film to fully understand that.

I look forward to seeing the scans later.

@C0deking

I pointed out the double posting issue to him & he did apologise. I only reported the cross posting so the other thread could be closed.

Threads were merged, that could lead to some confusion or misunderstanding like it shouldn’t.

All seems to be fine now. :wink: