Burning Region Free

After reading around here I have 2 question’s .

1. I got the impression that DVD’s I burn with Nero will be region
    free, is this correct ?

2. As long as I can view the DVD should I be able to make a
    region free copy. I assume this may require additional software
    besides Nero. Do I just let the additional (region removing)
    software run in the background while making the copy, or
    must I copy it to my HD and then burn from my HD to the
    disc with Nero. It would be nice if I could just use the DVD
    copy feature in Nero and have the results be a region free DVD.

Thanks
Richard

1. I got the impression that DVD’s I burn with Nero will be region
    free, is this correct ?

AFAIK Nero doesn’t make your backups region free but can convert from PAL to NTSC or vice versa.

1. As long as I can view the DVD should I be able to make a
    region free copy.

You can use DVD Shrink (free)to make your backups region free and burn with Nero.

Do I just let the additional (region removing)
software run in the background while making the copy

I you want a program to run in the background that will make your drive region free and you don’t mind paying money there is AnyDVD or DVD Region+CSS Free.

you can also use ripit4me for your region free disks, there was a good animated user guide in a post someplace on the forum on how to use it, sorry i can’t find it. but i prefer to use AnyDVD :cool:

dvdshrink may not be able to copy the newer movies, as it’s not been upgraded in a long time.

Is this the guide you were looking for?

RipIt4Me Animated Guide

Hi LOCOENG. US resident here (region 1!) I’m jumping in here because I cannot get this U.K. dvd to rip/burn successfully region free, with DVDShrink or AnyDvd/CloneDvd. I’m getting fed up with making coasters. I’ve got a Panasonic standalone and it keeps giving me a “no play” message despite ripping on either of the above softwares with all region removal settings off (or “region free” in the case of DVDShrink ). I noticed in CloneDvd that the vob files were still in PAL when I hit the “write” button, which then recodes them, etc. I’d like to be able to send you guys some money for AnyDVD etc, but not till I get past this sticky problem. Thanks.
jt
BTW - where in Nero does it allow (or show) conversion settings from PAL to NTSC? I couldn’t find any.

try using DVD Region+CSS Free.in conjunction with dvdshrink should do the job you did not mention the title of film you are trying 2 rip hope info is of some use 2 u silversurfer