Burning / Reading Problem

vbimport

Ok guys, I’ve tried Nero, CD-Maker 2000, and Clone-CD and have not been able to make a copy of a game I have. It is copyrighted, but my burner should be able to handle it. It is a Yamaha CRW2100EZ, the ATAPI 16x10x40 drive. It seems to read and burn the cd’s fine, install of game works fine, but when I try to run the game, it says “Please insert the right CD”. I also have a Pine 52x CD-ROM drive. I have tried reading the original cd from both drives, same thing on both. Is this a problem with the drives, or is it in the software somewhere?

Thanks in advance for your help!

what game is it

Originally posted by mracing
but when I try to run the game, it says “Please insert the right CD”.
This is cleary a case of not using the proper CloneCD settings. Please scan your game with a so-called copy-protection scanner like Clony and let is pass the correct settings to CloneCD. This should fix your problems (except if your hardware is not compatible for the protection like when it’s the SafeDisc 2 protection)…

Goodluck

The game is “the sims”, Clony says it is safedisk protected. When I click on the Clone Cd button, it doesn’t pull up clonecd. A window pops up for a split second, the disappears, and nothing happens. At least I know how the cd is encrypted. What are the settings in clonecd for this? Or, I have nero, and cd-maker 2000 pro. Thanks for the addy for this program, just wish I could get it to work.

Thanks again.

The clone cd disappears? Thats interesting…DO u have it installed?? I know that sounds like a stupid question, but when I have upgraded the shortcut on my desktop stops working and have to make a new one. I believe the settings are fast error skip, Gamefreak am I correct on this one. I copied my copy with clonecd and checked the fast error skip.

Originally posted by cloakdoa
Gamefreak am I correct on this one
YES. The Sims has the SafeDisc protection and you only need to tick the Fast Error Skip. Weird that Clony doesn’t start CloneCD. Maybe you have to search for the CloneCD.EXE manually?

Anyway in the future: you can see the right settings for each protection in Clony when you use the pull down menu and select the protection. The settings will be displayed left of it…

Grtz

Yes, CloneCD is installed, and works from the shortcut on the desktop. The pointer in the clone.ini file points to the right directory / file, so that’s not the problem. A small windows pops up, I think is says something about starting CloneCD, then disappears and nothing happens.

Thanks

try reinsstalling clonecd. Soemthing must have gotten killed somewhere

K, reinstalled clonecd, it comes up when I click the button now. I set the options that clony told me, now the problem is about half way through the burn, it gets an error. I have the settings that clony told me, but this happens. Any other ideas?

Thanks

What would happen if I would delete the tmp files and the clokspl.exe and dll files in the cd image? Would it work then?

Thanks

Here’s the error message …

Writing to CD failed, MEDIUM ERROR: WRITE ERROR - PADDING BLOCKS ADDED (3:0x0c:0x0a)

This seems to happen even if I try to burn ISO’s or unprotected CD’s. I’m finally getting somewhere, now this happens!

Thanks everyone!

[B]Here’s the error message …

Writing to CD failed, MEDIUM ERROR: WRITE ERROR - PADDING BLOCKS ADDED (3:0x0c:0x0a)

This seems to happen even if I try to burn ISO’s or unprotected CD’s. I’m finally getting somewhere, now this happens![/B]
I did a little research and found some people with the same problem. They fuxed it with installing the latest ASPI layers on your machine: http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.html?filekey=aspi32.exe

This is the topic where I found it. Maybe it can help you some more: http://pub42.ezboard.com/funofficialclonecdforumcloneclinic.showMessage?topicID=9347.topic

Greets and goodluck

Did everything that was on those sites, got aspi upgraded to 4.60, still get the same error.

Any other ideas?

[B]Did everything that was on those sites, got aspi upgraded to 4.60, still get the same error.

Any other ideas? [/B]

You americans don’t seem to be that bright, don’t ya? . Try www.gamecopyworld.com for info how to copy your game!

Originally posted by R0bby
You americans don’t seem to be that bright, don’t ya? . Try www.gamecopyworld.com for info how to copy your game!
zucht, Limburgers :wink:

This has nothing to do with not knowing how to copy it, but there is a different problem at hand here… Sure you can crack the game, etc but that seems more stupid to me if you can also do it just fine with CloneCD… You don’t even need extra-special hardware for the normal SafeDisc. Just a regular DAO-RAW compatible burner and there are a lot of those.

[B]What would happen if I would delete the tmp files and the clokspl.exe and dll files in the cd image? Would it work then?

Thanks [/B]
NO. You cannot change the image since this would destroy the protection resulting in a coaster/useless copy… I think you could best try it all over again. Download the latest CloneCD version (3.0.4.2 from www.elby.de ), uninstall the previous version.

Check your configuration for DMA (enable all of them) and try different media. For a little CloneCD manual check here.

Goodluck!

Found something, I pulled a homer here. Was looking though the settings in clonecd, the burner was set to max, changed it to 12x, which is what the cd’s I have are, and it burned fine. As soon as I’m done with this message I’m going to try to play the game. I’ll let you know if it works.

Thanks.

What would happen if I would delete the tmp files and the clokspl.exe and dll files in the cd image? Would it work then?

No those files are part of the Safedisc protection. the clokspl.exe runs the decrypt routine on the icd(if it has one, if it doenst it runs it for the .exe file. Without them they wont work.

Wont these companies ever learn that if it’s protected, We’ll figure a way to copy it.

I’ll let you know if it works.
Well did it :wink: