Burning random sometimes 3 minutes sometimes 12 minutes (Samsung SH-S202J / TS-H652J)

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S202J / TS-H652J. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello,

I have bought a new pc completely
and now I have some strange events
when I’m burning an image with nero
the first time it burns in probably 4 minutes
and then the second time I try the same image
it’s about 12 minutes and then the third time it’s
about 16 minutes… I ca’t figure it out…
My dvd’s are platinums 16x speed
I tried different brands but still the same output…

Ps. attachement ncluded system reference and picture of burning
wil also be included

First of all to ascertain whether or not its your burner try using a different programme to burn images IMGBURN is a fantastic little piece of software its quick and easy and more importantly its FREE!

If you still experience the same problem using this software then you know its the burner if you don’t then its NERO. Unfortunately Nero can be a little tempramental at times. Also try changing the media to see if that makes a difference.

[QUOTE=brambles;2149444]First of all to ascertain whether or not its your burner try using a different programme to burn images IMGBURN is a fantastic little piece of software its quick and easy and more importantly its FREE!

If you still experience the same problem using this software then you know its the burner if you don’t then its NERO. Unfortunately Nero can be a little tempramental at times. Also try changing the media to see if that makes a difference.[/QUOTE]

I tried Alcohol 120% but had the same experiences…
I will try IMG burn, I hope it will have some difference in time value

thx

The other thing about ImgBurn you’ll be able to see the burning speed progression (where it starts and when it kicks up).

If you wait a good length of time between burns does it still happen? If you reboot between burns does it still happen?

[QUOTE=MysticEyes;2149715]The other thing about ImgBurn you’ll be able to see the burning speed progression (where it starts and when it kicks up).

If you wait a good length of time between burns does it still happen? If you reboot between burns does it still happen?[/QUOTE]

It’s really random I tried even changing the burner
I tried an ATA burner Optiarc DVD AD 5200S ver 1.05
same thing happens one moment it’s all OK
and then at a random interval it starts again
same strange events…

from the burn graphs you posted [thanks by the way] your buffer and cpu usage do not look troublesome.

most likely the disc. instead of getting random name brand disc. get some quality Verbatim branded DVD’s or order some Premium Taiyo Yuden 8x dvd+r from supermediastore.com

have you checked your drives transfer mode?

well i just looked over your attachment and your udma mode seems to be reported correctly.

Dvd-/cd-rom-stations

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S202J
	-----------------------------
	Driver
	Description         : Cd-rom-station
	Company             : Microsoft
	Version             : 5.1.2535.0
	Date                : 7-1-2001
	File Name           : cdrom.inf

Interface/Features
	Interface           : Standaard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
	Parent Interface    : Primair IDE-kanaal
	Feature             : Supported DMA modes: UDMA 0-4
	Feature             : Current DMA mode: UDMA 4

Optiarc DVD RW AD-5200S
	-----------------------------
	Driver
	Description         : Cd-rom-station
	Company             : Microsoft
	Version             : 5.1.2535.0
	Date                : 7-1-2001
	File Name           : cdrom.inf

Interface/Features
	Interface           : Standaard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
	Parent Interface    : Secundair IDE-kanaal
	Feature             : Supported DMA modes: UDMA 0-5
	Feature             : Current DMA mode: UDMA 5

i do notice that you are using PATA drives connected to PCI. could be an issue there.

sorry but i do not have the proper experience to help you. i know there are other members here which know more about your setup. lets hope someone will come around. :slight_smile:

in the mean time i still suggest getting verbatim or taiyo yuden disc. from your attachment i see you are in Belgium. so the suggestion for supermediastore not valid. again sorry.

i know there are members from around your area, maybe someone will be able to help with the taiyo yuden purchase. :slight_smile:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=buy+media+in+europe+site%3Acdfreaks.com&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=