Burning Quality - Nero VS. Clone CD!

I am having a feeling that Burning Quality of a CD-R also depends on the software used.

Burnt some CD-Rs using Nero 5.5.8.3.

All of them have atleast 2 yellow sectors & sometimes also red sectors.

CD Quality Check reports tremendous errors.

Burnt some CD-Rs using Clonce CD 4

All sectors are green & even CD Quality check reports 0 errors.

Tried with Sony 24x/32x, HP 16x, Princo 2x-48x & Samsung 40x media.

What do you all think about it ??? :rolleyes: :eek: :confused:

I get better results and fewer errors using Easy CD Creator instead of Nero. Nero seems to produce more errors when recording at high speed to the same media.

@Inertia

I had the same feeling. I personally like EZCD than Nero.

I didn’t dare to say it as most of the people on this forum love Nero.

Will upgrade of Nero to the latest version help in any case?

I’ll have to wait for a long time to download the EZCD update of 18.4 MB on my slow dialup.

I don’t know about EZ5, but I’d say its CloneCD then Nero, though the difference is pretty small. I’m only putting CloneCD first cause I’ve had a few rare write errors on my Plextor with Nero, then again I burn many times more stuff with Nero.

With my old HP 8200i writer, Easy CD Creator produced very few errors after burning a CD. With Nero, it was a lot of errors. Now when I had posted this in a forum long ago, I got a response that Nero did not support power caliberation for my drive.

So one thing’s clear that the quality of a CD actually depends on the software used.

I personally prefer Easy CD Creator for many reasons. One of them being - for my new writer I can select “24X MAX” speed to burn. Then I can see the actual burn speed. With Nero I know its kinda posible with a registry hack and so on. But if ECDC gives me whatever I want, good UI, no crashes, excellent written CDs, and most importantly, free (bundled with my new writer) I don’t see any reason to use Nero.

This is however just a personal opinion. Maybe you’ll find Nero better :wink:

Well the burning quality problem with nero is confirmed for me.

Just cloned a CD with CCD - all green sectors.

Just copied all data to HDD, made a Nero Image of it & burnt through Nero on the same type media - 2.29% yellow sectors.

Yeah EZCD had worked better for me than Nero. You get very little or no errors with this software.

I have burnt many cds with nero 5.5 + at maximum burn speed and never had any problems. have checked them with scan disk in nero cd speed. and all sectors are shown green. i tried clonecd and all sectors are shown green too. I wouldnt think it has much to do with the software used, but the Hardware and the media you are using.

Windows XP Professional
700Mhz Duron
640 Mb PC133
Lite-on LTR-16102B (newest firmware OSOK)

Sleazy cd creator is one of the shittest programs ever written. I always get all green sectors with Nero.

I guess all these replies mean different system configs and different writers all give different results. I guess everyone just gotta try em out.

never knew this many ezcd creator supports existed…from what i remember, most of its features were quite buggy (version 5)

@dfourthhorseman

You are right.

Everyone must test & see which combination works best for them.

EZCD5 is very stable.

Haven’t encountered any problems with it.

Hmm i thought EZCD was good until i got XP and then i couldnt actually shut down my pc iwth EZCD installed!!! I got Nero free with my Liteon 40x about 2 months ago and ive been using it since, with not a single coaster…

Hmm i thought EZCD was good until i got XP and then i couldnt actually shut down my pc iwth EZCD installed!!! I got Nero free with my Liteon 40x about 2 months ago and ive been using it since, with not a single coaster…

Yea that was awhile ago, but MS got a workaround for that and Roxio got upgrades and patches to fix that now. But stick with Nero if u like it.

Just thought I’d let u know. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by darshanjog
[B]@Inertia

I had the same feeling. I personally like EZCD than Nero.

I didn’t dare to say it as most of the people on this forum love Nero.

Will upgrade of Nero to the latest version help in any case?

I’ll have to wait for a long time to download the EZCD update of 18.4 MB on my slow dialup. [/B]

It’s not so much that we love nero, it’s more that we dislike EZCD.
:stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not so much that we love nero, it’s more that we dislike EZCD.

He he he :bigsmile:

Originally posted by darshanjog
[B]

He he he :bigsmile: [/B]

Hey you forgot the tongue!
:smiley:

Shitty CD Creator is a memory hog and a bloated piece of shit with an interface likeable for 5 year olds

There is a certain type of noncontributor to an intelligent discussion or exchange of information demonstrated by repeated reviling comments of no value. It indicates a certain type of antisocial personality who has nothing to add, but revels in negativity, insults, and expletives.

They are unable or unwilling to articulate anything useful, and their thought process is limited to nondescriptions like “shitty”, “crap(py)”, “suckz”, etc… Juvenile, grade school descriptions all.

Since these people have nothing useful to add to a forum discussion, this is their immature way of seeking attention. Being annnoying is just another way of tying to get noticed and get a reaction.

They are best ignored like a misbehaving child, until they grow up and learn how to interact with others.

I agree with Inertia. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey debro, I have not missed my tongue this time.
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: