Burning ps2 games and other questions

vbimport

1.I have an original ps2 game called “magic pengel” Scanning it with protection check software shows “psx/libcrypt”. I tried burning a copy for safekeeping sake with alcohol and chose " playstation 2 games" setting. However the burned copy cannot work on my modded ps2. It keep showing “unable to read disc” And the funny thing is i tried booting it on PCSX2 a ps2 emulator it is able to to boots up to the menu at least though it can’t emulates further.
Any idea how i could burn a sucessful copy of this game?

2.If a ps2 game is less than 700 mb in size but is yet sold on a dvd by the retailer, is it possible to make a copy of it on CDR that can plays on ps2?

1. How can i make a working copy of a pc game protected by Star Force 3 and Safe Disc 3?

However the burned copy cannot work on my modded ps2

Did you follow the information in the FAQ section of Alcohol support forum ??

If a ps2 game is less than 700 mb in size but is yet sold on a dvd by the retailer, is it possible to make a copy of it on CDR that can plays on ps2?

No this is not possible you will need a DVD writer to back this type of disc up.

How can i make a working copy of a pc game protected by Star Force 3 and Safe Disc 3?

Safedisc 3 is very hardware dependent, without knowing your drive model its hard to make a comment.

Starforce 3 the latest version is not yet possible to create a working back up although (there are some interesting points in the Alcohol support forum concerning SF3)

sry for the crossposting, just thought that it will open up more options.

I look through the ps2 post on the faq section of alchol support forum. What it states there seem pretty much common sense. I did all that except that i always chose the pre configured “playstation 2” setting when making and burning the image.

“No this is not possible you will need a DVD writer to back this type of disc up”

so i mean if i have a dvd burner , i can burn a 680 mb ps2 dvd game onto a working bootable on ps2 cdr?

I am using tdk cdrw 4800B.

so i mean if i have a dvd burner , i can burn a 680 mb ps2 dvd game onto a working bootable on ps2 cdr?

No i mean you can only burn a DVD image to a DVD media its not possible to write a DVD image to a CD-R media

can a cd image be burned to a dvd-r through use of alcohol or other program?

why would you want to do this just copy it to cd
There are ways of putting some cd games onto dvd but its very hit or miss and it only works with a few games…
As per your first post try again with alcohol as this should work no problem maybe you used crap media or were just unlucky first time…

cause my ps2 is one of those crappy type that have trouble reading cd games.(thats the prob with my first post,not alcohol fault) I can’t contact sony cause my ps2 is modified.

if i can burn it to dvd-r it will run better, so alchohol does support burning cd to dvd? i tried but it keep saying insert" empty disc" when i have a blank dvdr in and the “device status” show "empty disc(DVD) "

"There are ways of putting some cd games onto dvd but its very hit or miss and it only works with a few games… "

what are those? i dun mind taking some time to try them out.

so alchohol does support burning cd to dvd?

No, You can not write a CD image to DVD media and you can not write a DVD image to CD-R media.

You can write a cd to dvd by using this tutorial by JRLS
Sucess rate is good but if you want to put multible cd,s to dvd the sucess rate is not good at all…

thanks dallshead, it work perfectly for me. Now my 2 growlanser games are in 1 dvd and can run well, unlike the original cd games