Burning problems in the Pioneer 107D with Hacked firmware...need help!

I m facing a new problem with my Pioneer 107D with Hacked Firmware 1.10. I used to burn Princo and other cheap media without having problems. I bought one Pack of 10 Princo and they only burn 75% after 75% nero shows a Message “burning Process started at 8x”" and failed burning process. The time shown 8.35-50 sec. I could not figure out what is the problem. I flashed back the Pioneer to 105FW with DVRflasher. it doesnt help either:sad: I tried with Bulkpap Orange 4x dvd-r. It burnt at 8x till 75% then same msg and failure notice:confused: . Please help me.

Originally posted by dipu
I m facing a new problem with my Pioneer 107D with Hacked Firmware 1.10. I used to burn Princo and other cheap media without having problems. I bought one Pack of 10 Princo and they only burn 75% after 75% nero shows a Message “burning Process started at 8x”" and failed burning process. The time shown 8.35-50 sec. I could not figure out what is the problem. I flashed back the Pioneer to 105FW with DVRflasher. it doesnt help either:sad: I tried with Bulkpap Orange 4x dvd-r. It burnt at 8x till 75% then same msg and failure notice:confused: . Please help me.

Princo has a lot of problem with hacked Firware and even with unhacked firmware.
Tragedy of using cheap media u know…
Buy Ritek04. It works great with 107d or A07 and even the prce is reasonable.
If you’re willing to have no-error at all, then go for Taiyo Yoden or BeAll
Kinda expensive though…

Maybe there were a reason why Pioneer did not allow 8x writing on all discs?

Give me a break - complain if your media do not work at certified speed - not else.

8x on 4x media is pushing most media to far, only quality media is able to handle it.

Try writing @ certified speed and I guess there wil not be any problems at all.

Certified media is very expensive…i can not afford it. I guess most people use cheap media than the Certified one. Anyway if pioneer dont allow to burn cheap media than what can I do:( ! wait till the 8x media come in the market.

“NO TO TERRORISM, WE WANT JUST A LIL PEACE”

dipu, i got the same problem. Tried “certified” and ritek media, same error msg. Also tried “latest” dvddecrypter write mode, and it gave me an I/O error. Writer is setup as Secondary Primary, udma is enabled. Ide cable is brand new. Power supply is not the problem, because A04 that it replaced worked fine. So to sum it up, Dipu, ur not crazy or cheap. Seems to be a problem with the dvd burner or hacked firmware??. So if anyone can help out… without mention of fixes above, would be greatly appreciated.
:bow:

You said you used “certified” media, do this mean you used 8x certified media when writing at 8x?

Also the I/O error may be caused by ATIP hiders like cloneCD tray, daemon tools, alcohol and others. Make sure to uninstall or disable these when trying to write.

Go back to Official firmware if u want no trouble!!. I was burning many cheap media by the Hacked one. It seems fine in the begginning but after few days the drive gone crazy. Failed at 75% and power calibration error…bla bla bla… i gone back to Official one …and i burn every carppy media at 4x without having probs.:wink:

seriously
why does some people want a cheap media with better quality?
u know it usually doesnt work that way

Certified 8x dvd+r verbatin datalife plus and the dvd-r version rated @ 4x. Tried to go back to official firmware, but it said it was already at 1.10 so… im stuck i think. Well i’ve only had 2 hours of sleep so it may be why my brain is stuck… Thanks ahead of time. I’m going to re-do windows. Should i put forceaspi or the latest from adaptec site?

NeoGeoSnk - Forever

You don’t need to reinstall Windows to go back to official 1.10 fw. Just go to NIL’s web site and do a little reading on how to use the DVRFlash. Make sure your command line looks like this:

DVRFlash.exe -vf G: R7100107.110 R7100007.110

The “f” in “vf” would force a flash. Make sure you have both the R7100107.110 and R7100007.110 files in the folder. In this example the drive letter is “G”. Your’s may be different.

BTW, the hacked fw has major problems. Although NIL says at 4X the official and unofficial fw would burn the same, I find it not to be true. It makes a huge difference in the qulity of the burns using ProdiskS03 (Memorex). I went back the official 1.10 and I’m very happy. Who needs 8X burnig when the quality is so crappy.

I’m hoping this post would catch OC-Freak’s attention and he would do a comparison of burning at 4X using the same media with the official and the hacked firmwares. I agree with OC-Freak that the quality of the burns at 8X with the hacked firmware is very bad most of the time.

Good luck

I m agree with Felberni. The hacked firmware is not the same as the Official one. I was delighted when i upgrade my drive to the Hacked 1.10 of My peioneer 107D. But after few days i m fed-up with lots probs of the Drive. Now i gone back to the Official one. I m happy. I also hope OC-Freak will show us the results of the Hacked and official fws. Good luck to everyone.

Using the hacked FW, I have burned Ritek G04 and G03 at 8x with no problems. Not one coaster.

I am unable to test the caliber of these burns though, because I do not have another DVD drive to test with. Still, they seem to be just fine.

Last night, I finally got a DVD that ripped at 12 speed. I was shocked by the speed. It was a real treat.

Another member has posted very positive results with the hacked 1.10 on Verbatim.

It’s amazing how quirky these things can be.

High speed recording means drive is using a higher power in the pick up head to “burn” pits on the recording layer of the disc. The recording layer is made of organic dye. Media like Taiyo Yuden, MCC uses mixture of 2 azo dyes (1 to cover high speed region, the other to cover low speed region). Ritek on the other hand uses mixture of 5 dyes (including azo, cyanine and possibly styryl). Possibly Ritek is trying to save money (100% azo is very expensive) while not sacrifising too much quality. As for Princo, it is mixture of cyanine dyes.

Cyanine dyes are known to require much higher power than azo dyes. Styryl dyes can not be used along, but when used together with other dye, they present effect of reducing the writing power.

My suggestion is not to burn 8x too often with media that require high recording power. Nil’s 1.10 is a gift from heaven, but if used too often for high power media, the pick-up head might deteriorate. Pretty soon, you might not even be able to brun 8x for those certified media.

i had same problem with my other drive is an lg4040b i could not understand why it would go 75% till i relized it was my screen savor causing all the problems. mine was set for 5 mins and it would cause the write to crash.

Smoothy