Burning problem

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On 18x 8x 8x / 18x 8x 6x / 12x /16x + 48x 32x 48x E-IDE DVD-Dual Super AllWrite LS Black Bulk. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have been trying to restore a backup of the 5th element that I made quite a few years ago because I can’t find my original. I backed up the original VOB files as well as ripping it to AVI. Both the AVI file and the VOB files play fine on my home PC, as do all of my backups. However when I burned the VOB files using CUCUSOFT I get a bit of OOS audio. SO just to clarify even more, this is NOT and conversion issue, the CONVERTED FILE plays fine on the PC, but the DVD sound is out of sync. The burned dvd is OOS on the pc is well so I am pretty sure its the burning process, however I may be wrong.

I have not tried anything other than slowing down the burning speed, but I feel that it is potentially a setting in the burning software, or perhaps the discs I am using, although I have tried several brands to no avail. The last time I needed to burn a DVD was several months ago and it did not have the same issue, so I’m hoping it’s not a hardware issue, not that 30 bucks would break me, but id prefer not to buy a new dvd burner to find out it was a setting.

Anyway thanks for any insight anyone may have, or even if you happen to know of another post that might answer the question, although I have been looking through the OOS/LIPSYNC/AUDIO problems for the last 4 hours here on the forum, and most people are having problems at the conversion stage, and as I had already mentioned, the converted file plays fine on the PC.

Both the AVI file and the VOB files play fine on my home PC, as do all of my backups. However when I burned the VOB files using CUCUSOFT I get a bit of OOS audio

Then most likely it’s the CUCUSOFT SW causing the " OOS audio", whatever that is…
Do you have the VOBs in a VIDEO_TS folder along with all the BUPs and IFOs?..If so, simply use Imgburn to burn it…If not try DVDflick or ConvertxtoDVD to create a proper DVD structure before burning…
For the AVI you mention, same thing, use the apps recommended to convert from avi->DVD…

I Also tried burning this afternoon with cdburnerXP, which did not change the outcome, so I thought that it may be the drive, I then burned it at my wife’s computer to check it, once again with VLC to no avail. This is all very frustrating because of the number of variables, but I will keep trying diffrent programs as suggested, and check back here if I get it resolved. If anyone else has a suggestion or two I would appreciate it as well.

Thanks for the help.

When I have problems with video/audio sync in mpeg2 files or dvd video, I use a utility called the Quickstream Fix tool, found in VideoReDo.

There is a free, fully functional trial for VideoRedo TV Suite. It can accept complete dvd video as input, and can author to dvd also. You might try it and then burn to a disk using ImgBurn.