Burning problem

I am having a strange problem that I have, so far, not been able to figure out. Up until now I have been able to burn Iso’s with no problem. However, now when I try to burn a pclinux iso with imgburn it says it has completed successfully, and verifies the contents of the cd. But, when I try to browse the contents of the cd there is nothing there. Yet the cd is full and I can boot into pclinux from the cd. So what gives? Why can’t I see the files? I tried burning something else to a cd, an mp3, and I could see that…So why can’t I see the contents of the iso file that I have burned to this cd? they are their but their invisible or something…Isnt that wierd?

Stericson

Does noone have any ideas? I am stuck on the problem myself. I would appreciate any help.

Stericson

[QUOTE=Stericson;2135243]I am having a strange problem that I have, so far, not been able to figure out. Up until now I have been able to burn Iso’s with no problem. However, now when I try to burn a pclinux iso with imgburn it says it has completed successfully, and verifies the contents of the cd. But, when I try to browse the contents of the cd there is nothing there. Yet the cd is full and I can boot into pclinux from the cd. So what gives? Why can’t I see the files? I tried burning something else to a cd, an mp3, and I could see that…So why can’t I see the contents of the iso file that I have burned to this cd? they are their but their invisible or something…Isnt that wierd?

Stericson[/QUOTE]

Sounds like bad media? Also since you post no hardware or software specs there isn’t much we can give for help?? Are you using the same computer to read the cd? What is the linux iso name your burning? Did you use something like isobuster to see if you can brows the iso content? Did you use explore to view the cd after you burned the image?

Greetings,

First off, thank you for the reply. Secondly, I did use the same computer to try and read the cd and another computer, both with the same results. Third, I did try and view the file after the burn was complete and all I can see is a desktop file waiting to be written to the cd, which coincidentally can’t be written to it either. Fourth, I have a Toshiba Portege m700 with an Intel core duo 2.5ghz processor, 3gigs of ram, stock cd burner which I believe is a MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-852S ATA Device. I don’t know what other information anyone needs, but I am more than willing to provide it, providing that I can. I did not try isobuster, nor have I ever heard of it, but I will try it now. Also, when you say bad media what do you mean? I thought that maybe there was some fault with the iso so I re-downloaded it, which happens to be pclinuxos gnome 2008, only to get the same results.

Thanks very much for your help!
Stericson