Burning problem

Hello,i hope you can help me,ive never asked for help before,but heres my problem.I have a sony vaio,my dvd drive is a “sony dvd rw dw56a”,I have sonic mydvd which should work fine,(I just want to put avi,mpeg to dvd for dvd player)I also have tried nero and many many many more programs,“mydvd” says that DMA is turned off for one or more of my recording devices??,sonic record now spits out the dvd and says error this
<Sense: 05 ASC: 27 ASCQ: 00 (Command 2A).nero and other programs spit it out as well and errors occur,i am a newby but usually can figure stuff out, but not this one,so any kind of help would be greatly appreciated,its been 8 long months of tryin to figure this out,im using maxell or fuji dvd-r,i can burn cds fine,umm ya anything i forgot please ask,thank you much…stressed out… :eek:

Go to control panel,device manager,hardware, and go down to primary and secondary ide. Uninstall both of these, then reboot and let windows autodetect the devices. If that doesn’t fix your problem, you may want to ensure that your drives are jumpered correctly as master/slave, and may want to try another ide cable.

well thank you for your input,greatly appreciated,but it did not work,I have a sony vaio,no tower deal,so I cant change my ide cable(i dont think),Its still under warranty,so I should probably send it to them???
oh and is this other info you sent of any use to me???
And thank you again.
Not sure how to check my drives,master/slave to see if jumpered correctly.thanks though,ill keep checkin here.

I have a similar problem. I have a DELL laptop with the same “sony dvd rw dw56a”. I uptaded the firmare to the latest available (PDS7). The drivers are updated as well. But when I try to burn DVD (I did not try CD), I get the this error message:

Sense: 05 ASC: 27 ASCQ: 00 (Command 2A)

Px.dll: 2.0.50.500
pxdrv.dll: 1.1.18.0
pxmas.dll: 2.0.50.500
PxWave.dll: 2.0.50.500
PXWMA.dll: 1.0.0.3

I started to have problems only 3 days ago, until that moment I was able to burn both DVD and CD.
Thanks for the help.

Searching on the web I found that my DVD (which is “sony dvd±rw dw-D56a” not the previous mentioned) may have problems with DVD+ that I’m using for the first time.

Today I finaly had the oppurtunity to test the DVD with DVD-R and it still work fine. Thus the problem may be the DVD+R I’m using. Anyway they are good enough since I was able to burn them in a laptop of a friend.

So,the problem is still unsolved, but it can be avoided. Please contact me if anyone is able to fully solve this problem.

HI IM NEW, SOMEONE HELP PLEASE.

Most Of The Movies I Try To Burn Says

Copy Protection Error - The Read Failed Because The Sector Is Encrypted

Im Using Dvd Shrink 3.2 And Dvd Decryptor. Maybe Im Doing Something Wrong, I Tried Reistalling Them Both And Im Not Sure If I Set It Up Correctly.

AT ONE TIME I COULD COPY GREAT, THEN A COUPLE DISNEY MOVIES SAID THE SAME THING, NOW IT SEEMS LIKE THEY ALL ARE SAYING ENCRYTION ERROR. WHAT DO I DO.

DO I SEND IT THROUGH THE DECRYPTOR FIRST OR THROUGH SHRINK?

Mike, you are sort of thread hijacking there, but i believe that means its copyright protected, you need something that can bypass them.