Burning problem with Vista and DVDFab

I just bought a new laptop with Windows Vista. I have DVDFab 5.2.3.2. When I copy dvd’s they will only play on my computer and not on the dvd player. I found out that the system is set to “Live File System” as the default. I need it set to “Mastered”. Does anyone know how to change the system to “Mastered” as the default? Or…is there anyway to change something in the DVDFab so it will automatically use the “Mastered” format instead of the “Live File System”? I would be so thank you to get help with this.

[QUOTE=Jubilee2088;2214084]I just bought a new laptop with Windows Vista. I have DVDFab 5.2.3.2. When I copy dvd’s they will only play on my computer and not on the dvd player. I found out that the system is set to “Live File System” as the default. I need it set to “Mastered”. Does anyone know how to change the system to “Mastered” as the default? Or…is there anyway to change something in the DVDFab so it will automatically use the “Mastered” format instead of the “Live File System”? I would be so thank you to get help with this.[/QUOTE]

I’m not really sure whats causing your problem but you can try these things to see if you can create a playable DVD on a set top box.

Try switching your burn engine to ImgBurn in your Settings/DVD/Write options. It’s a free ISO Image burning software available at http://www.imgburn.com/

I use Vista home premium 64 bit and was haveing trouble playing disks made on my set top box and doing this fixed it right up.

You can also try the built in VSO Engine but I think that ImgBurn does a better job.