Burning problem Please Help!

vbimport

I am a newby so please bare with me. I had a hp desk top with dvd shrink,some older nero,dvd43. Always worked fine. Still have some movies on one of my hard drives. Got a virus. Took it to some small shop. He was up grading his sons pc he used for gaming. His old parts were bigger than any of my parts so he rebuilt my pc with them. I had xp home now I have xp pro. Because of virus I started putting my programs back together on new computer. Dvd shrink, nero 7, dvd43. Seemed to work as normal until it came to burn and it only got to 2 percent and failed. I deleted and re downloaded everything. Same problem. Tried with different versions,no different. Downloaded ImgBurn and roxio. Same problem with all 3 burners which is this. I click on what I want to do which is burn one of my shrunk movies on my hard drive to a dvdi It brings up look in"my docments". I click on my z drive which is where my movies are. Then I highlight the movie . This is where it doesn’t happen. When I click open it does nothing. Normally it used to bring the name of the movie down to the block next to where you click on open. Nothing! All 3 burning downloads are similar in the route to get this done and all get stuck in the exact same place. I am sure I didni’t explain this too well so any questions please ask. I am plane wore out and don’t want to call the guy that built this thing any more. I am soooo frustrated. Thanks!!

[QUOTE=rivetgun55;2160327]I am a newby so please bare with me. I had a hp desk top with dvd shrink,some older nero,dvd43. Always worked fine. Still have some movies on one of my hard drives. Got a virus. Took it to some small shop. He was up grading his sons pc he used for gaming. His old parts were bigger than any of my parts so he rebuilt my pc with them. I had xp home now I have xp pro. Because of virus I started putting my programs back together on new computer. Dvd shrink, nero 7, dvd43. Seemed to work as normal until it came to burn and it only got to 2 percent and failed. I deleted and re downloaded everything. Same problem. Tried with different versions,no different. Downloaded ImgBurn and roxio. Same problem with all 3 burners which is this. I click on what I want to do which is burn one of my shrunk movies on my hard drive to a dvdi It brings up look in"my docments". I click on my z drive which is where my movies are. Then I highlight the movie . This is where it doesn’t happen. When I click open it does nothing. Normally it used to bring the name of the movie down to the block next to where you click on open. Nothing! All 3 burning downloads are similar in the route to get this done and all get stuck in the exact same place. I am sure I didni’t explain this too well so any questions please ask. I am plane wore out and don’t want to call the guy that built this thing any more. I am soooo frustrated. Thanks!![/QUOTE]

First off Nero and Roxio doesn’t like being installed on the same computer-get rid of Roxio and keep Nero but don’t install InCD. What format is the movies saved as? Have you tried VLC to see if it can play the movies-if not then the movies are no longer salvageable. What kinda computer do you have and how many HDD and what else in way of burner do you have-what other changes were made??? Why did he change our parts if you got only a Virus?? Get a good AV this time around to avoid catching a virus again. Can you at least post or copy and paste a error windows for us to see what it is saying exactly?? That way the users on here can see what is going on. What I still don’t get is why change your components when all you had was a virus??? What kinda virus did you catch to cause that much change in hardware components??? I usually update my hardware when it comes time but unless he tested them and made sure they work there could be problems there.

Open explorer and drag/drop the ISO from your z: drive on the Imgburn window. If you have ifos/vobs drop the video_ts folde instead after switching Imgburn to Build Mode.

@coolcolors
Excuse me but I’ve always wondered what’s the point of doing a fullquote right under the original posting?

[QUOTE=Chetwood;2160481]Open explorer and drag/drop the ISO from your z: drive on the Imgburn window. If you have ifos/vobs drop the video_ts folde instead after switching Imgburn to Build Mode.

@coolcolors
Excuse me but I’ve always wondered what’s the point of doing a fullquote right under the original posting?[/QUOTE]

For one thing so nothing is lost in the response. Also when responding I don’t have to go scroll back and forth on the reply screen to see what they are asking and how to respond to. That is why. Maybe you haven’t see other posting in varies thread where unless you have the quote you won’t remember what the OP was posting about. As well it shows I am trying to address the OP question at hand.

Thanks so far guys, The only reason for thle parts changes was that he had just removed them from his sons pc and was a big upgrade for my pc. I will try and get you some errors pasted. Thanks

I downloaded vlc. I go to media then look in I click on my documents and then click on my z drive which is where my movies are. I highlight a movie and click open and then it breaks it down into I guess some sort of sub folders. VTS. They do play but just one at a time. Not the whole movie. What am I missing. Thanks

You gotta open it with CTRL-D and then browse for the folder that has the vob files.