-Philips start flavor.
-DCP flag set.
-1, 150, 19, 19 LO.
:bow:

Happy burning!

Cool IpseDixit.

I think some may not understand your last row numbers there. :o

I’ll try to explain…

Those are to do with P flag of the subchannel data within the burned leadout. More specifically those numbers are the number of sectors where P flags are the same, i.e. length of P flag which are the same.

Subchannel contains a channel called P, and it is to represent a flag that tells us when a track transitions (changes) to the next one.

P is set to 0 throughout the main whole part of the track, and P set to 1 (for the last few sectors) near the end to mean track is about to change.

The Red book tells us that for leadout: at the start, the P flag should be set to 0 for at least 2 to 3 seconds (a value of 150 to 225 sectors), and then it alternates at a frequency of 2Hz.

Since there are 75 sectors in a second and 2Hz means 4 changes, 75/4=18.75 and if rounding up to whole number gives an answer of 19. So there should be 19 consecutive sectors where P=1 before alternating to give a frequency of 2Hz.

So we would be getting:

150 sectors of P=0,
19 sectors of P=1,
19 sectors of P=0,
19 sectors of P=1,
19 sectors of P=0,
etc.

But there is one more extra thing we should take care of. The Red book says the P channel is delayed by 1 frame (1 sector) relative to Q channel. This means P channel for the whole CD should be shifted forward by 1 sector.

So the correct leadout P flags (on CD) should be:
1 sector of P=1,
150 sectors of P=0,
19 sectors of P=1,
19 sectors of P=0,
19 sectors of P=1,
19 sectors of P=0,
etc.

As you can see IpseDixit is trying to show you that only Microstudio for CD+G tracks burned correct leadout P flags.