Burning Over A Network

Is it possible to burn a CD over a network on a network shared CD-R? If it is possible how exactly do I do this using nero?

Not with Nero , but with Padus DiscJuggler .NET edition , you can.

Not with Nero

are you sure?

NeroNET :wink:

Originally posted by kwkard
[B]

are you sure?

NeroNET :wink: [/B]

I humly apologize , didn’t know there was such a Nero product :slight_smile:

My question is
Is it any slower?

depends on the speed of your network.

chances are your not going to be able to burn at 52x over a 100bt network without some buffer underruns.

it shouldn’t be to slow, as long as you have you network set up correctly.

@Mr. Belvedere:

No need to apologize, just thought i’d point it out.:bigsmile:

Originally posted by Smoker
[B]depends on the speed of your network.

chances are your not going to be able to burn at 52x over a 100bt network without some buffer underruns. [/B]

52x150 kbps = much less that 100mbit line, which is what i think u meant to say?

100mbit is the theoretical maximum throughput for the network, in real life your almost never going to hit that.
most networks shouldnt have any real problems transfering the 30-60mbps needed to keep the data stream steady for the burn.
thats why I said it depends on the speed of the network.

200mbit… remember ful duplex :slight_smile:

We need to make sure that we are dealing with the correct terms:

150 KB/sec (cooked data) x 52 = 7.8 MB/sec

172 KB/sec (raw data) x 52 = 8.9 MB/sec

100 Mb/sec ethernet = 12.5 MB/sec

Storage is measured in bytes (B).
Data transmission is measured in bits (b). See How kilobits per second compare to Kilobytes per second.

Actual network transmission speeds are likely to be less than the theoretical maximum. I have a peer to peer network using a 100 Mb/sec half-duplex ethernet connection. The maximum I can burn over the network without eventually draining the buffer is about 32x.

If you want to burn RAW-DAO-96 over network, it will be 179 kB/s for 1x, i.e. 9,1 MB/s for 52x :wink:

About network speeds: There are some bad drivers for some network cards which will cause 100% CPU load at 3-4 MB/s, regardless of how fast your CPU is :frowning:

´

My LAN’s speed

Dead link :frowning:

NeroNet is not out yet, is it??
is there any other software?

Originally posted by I0’s
NeroNet is not out yet, is it??
is there any other software?

Did you click on the Link that KWKARD provided ?

Then you would of seen that there is a downloadable version avaliable, only limited to 3 people though.

Originally posted by Huzzy
[B]

Did you click on the Link that KWKARD provided ?

Then you would of seen that there is a downloadable version avaliable, only limited to 3 people though. [/B]

(The demoversion of NeroNET is not available yet. Please raise your patience some more weeks. )

??

my apologies, i scanned tha page little to quick.
The download at the bottom is the Nero 5.5, not Nero.NET

Why they would put a link to it there i have no idea.

Tip: Click here to order a serial number for Nero (client) with which to convert your demo version to a full version that can also receive future updates.

The demo version does not contain unlimited MP3/mp3PRO encoding, a users handbook, a label kit or technical support.

This is what lead me to assume the download was Nero.Net
The full version is avaliable though :wink:

Originally posted by alexnoe

Dead link :frowning:

Well, I can see it from here. Strange. :confused:

Dear moderators, would you please activate my [IMG]code @the forum if it’s not against the forum policy.

img tags are enabled for all…the site either doesnt support linking or access permissions play a part in it.