Burning Or Playback Stops

Not sure if this is the right part of the forum or not. For the past couple of months, I’ve been making some backup copies of my TV series DVDs, and some of my bought files from the internet. Sometimes they will burn and work fine, using DivX. Lately though, they usually fail. The burning process will begin, and then it seems to arbitrarily get X amount into the proces then either fail, or will freeze for a few moments, then stop and eject the disc, saying the burn was completed. Even if they actually DO reach 100%, when I put them into the DVD player to watch, they don’t work. Some get further than others, but regardless, somewhere along the line, it just freezes up and playback stops. This even happens on the ones that actually did complete the burning process. Once or twice, I’ve just kept trying and retrying, and eventually got one working DVD out of about 10 or so attempts. This is driving me NUTS. I have so many coasters it’s ridiculous. I’ve tried on DVD-R, and DVD-RWs. I’ve tried using Nero, but it takes forever and I can onloy fit about 4 episodes on a DVD, which makes no sense, and they didn’t work anyways. I’ve used about 6 different other programs, but not had luck with them either. If I saw the names, I could remember, but not off hand, what they were called. The lastest software I’ve tried is called BurnAware Free. I’m not sure what is going on or why it’s doing this. Some have worked, so I dunno. If I could please get a little input as to WHY it happens, or HOW to fix it, I would greatly appreciate it. The burner that I use is the one that came with my Dell laptop. Not sure what brand, but the softwares Identify it as TSST Corp. shrugs Thanks in advance for your time in reading this and any information as well! :frowning:

EDIT: What I am trying to do that is failing is burning the dvds using AVI files. Figured I should probably add that in there so you would know what I’m having the issue with exactly.

Addition. I just tired again using this BurnAware Free software to burn some avi files to a DVD-R. After 2 hours of burning, with 40 megabytes left o burn, I got an error. “SCSI Pass Through I/O” error. What causes this??

[QUOTE=khalidar;2307556]Not sure if this is the right part of the forum or not. For the past couple of months, I’ve been making some backup copies of my TV series DVDs, [B]and some of my bought files from the internet.[/B] Sometimes they will burn and work fine, using DivX. Lately though, they usually fail. The burning process will begin, and then it seems to arbitrarily get X amount into the proces then either fail, or will freeze for a few moments, then stop and eject the disc, saying the burn was completed. Even if they actually DO reach 100%, when I put them into the DVD player to watch, they don’t work. Some get further than others, but regardless, somewhere along the line, it just freezes up and playback stops. This even happens on the ones that actually did complete the burning process. Once or twice, I’ve just kept trying and retrying, and eventually got one working DVD out of about 10 or so attempts. This is driving me NUTS. I have so many coasters it’s ridiculous. I’ve tried on DVD-R, and DVD-RWs. I’ve tried using Nero, but it takes forever and I can onloy fit about 4 episodes on a DVD, which makes no sense, and they didn’t work anyways. I’ve used about 6 different other programs, but not had luck with them either. If I saw the names, I could remember, but not off hand, what they were called. The lastest software I’ve tried is called BurnAware Free. I’m not sure what is going on or why it’s doing this. Some have worked, so I dunno. If I could please get a little input as to WHY it happens, or HOW to fix it, I would greatly appreciate it. The burner that I use is the one that came with my Dell laptop. Not sure what brand, but the softwares Identify it as TSST Corp. shrugs Thanks in advance for your time in reading this and any information as well! :frowning:

EDIT: What I am trying to do that is failing is burning the dvds using AVI files. Figured I should probably add that in there so you would know what I’m having the issue with exactly.[/QUOTE]

Time to ask those who sold you that stuff I think.

Post a logfile if you have one.

That sold me what? The online video files? They were from different places. I successfully got on complete cd to work this afternoon. Tried to make a Season 2 CD, and it didn’t work, yet again. Not sure what is causing this. It does it with rips from my actual CDs also.

[QUOTE=khalidar;2308051]That sold me what? The online video files? They were from different places. I successfully got on complete cd to work this afternoon. Tried to make a Season 2 CD, and it didn’t work, yet again. Not sure what is causing this. It does it with rips from my actual CDs also.[/QUOTE]

Yep, because you wrote “my bought files from the internet” …