Burning of downloaded movies could become legal

I just posted the article Burning of downloaded movies could become legal.

According to a news published at Ars Technica, thanks to an amendment recently approved by the DVD Copy Control Association it will be possible to burn movies purchased from download services and DVD…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13487-Burning-of-downloaded-movies-could-become-legal.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13487-Burning-of-downloaded-movies-could-become-legal.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

You can’t expext a theif to return his loot, now, can you. Similarly, those with thievery at heart, because they are who they are, having overcharged for their merchandise, which factors in “wants & needs” like drugs, whores, yachts, 30 more pairs of shoes, etc, would be livid when it sees another crook trying to muscle-in on their patch. Greed is just another word for theft and it takes a thief to recognise another, no matter how it is disguised. You can’t reason with Ali Baba when you are talking about his loot, can you. Now, to get theieves like these onto your “reasonable grounds”, offer him something higher. No, not more money… yes, that’s the one, sainthood, immortality …. worship. Afterall, what more can you give a thief who “has it all”, eh? Witness “presidents”, “prime ministers”, “generals”, “CEO”, “CFO”, “pope” and more nonsensical jokers……. Another tactic would be, don’t buy junk for junk is the one that costs the earth and lasts as long as the urge, like a flaccid p***s. Problem is, how can a hypnotised masochist recognise his condition. That’s the one that real sainthood is required ……

I guess the article refers to USA’s laws. In most European countries downloading movies and music from P2P networks and recording them in your own media is totally legal :slight_smile: Over in the States it hasn’t been legal to copy your own media! That sounds a little bit weird to me :-/