Burning My Game: Succesuful but Not

vbimport

Well, I used Nero to copy this RTS game that I have, but when I go to run the disc in my computer, it says for me to Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application.

The burning I know was succesful. What I did was went to my computer, then explore through the disc, copied all those files, then created a data disc with Nero Express. The burn was fine, but it still won’t let me play… Are there any other ways I can burn this CD? Thanks guys

(And no this is not illegal. My copy is legit, I just want to make another copy of it because I have a problem of losing things. Thanks)

I have never done a game, but when you insert the original disc in the drive & right click on the drive icon in My Computer, what format are the files & how big?

When I right click it doesn’t say what type of file it is. Or I don’t really understand your question

You should make copy using Alcohol 120%. Its not like just copying the files. You need to make image copy of the disc.

What’s the game title? Which protection is used? Copy Protection Identifying Guides, post your result here.

How do I do that??
(Sorry I’m really not any good with CD copying…)

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
I downloaded PiD but what file do I scan?
[!] Safedisc 2.05.030 detected !
^^ Thats something it found

-> File has 2784 (0AE0h) bytes of appended data starting at offset 0101000h
[-= Installer =-] Microsoft SFX CAB Module v4.71.1015.0
-> File Appears to be Digitally Signed @ Offset 0698E0h, size : 01438h / 05176 byte(s)
-> File has 2784 (0AE0h) bytes of appended data starting at offset 06A238h
[-= Installer =-] Microsoft SFX CAB Module v4.72.3110.0
[!] Possible CD/DVD-Check String -> Insert Disk
[!] File appears to have no protection or is using an unknown protection

Those are the main things that I Saw out of the ordinary…

[QUOTE=iTz MiiiKeeee;2064737]
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
I downloaded PiD but what file do I scan?[/QUOTE]
Just drag&drop the installation folder and follow the guide it’s all described there. The game should be protected by safedisc 2 so a physical working backup with the right hardware should be no problem. What’s your dvdrw/cdrw drive brand and model?

Yeah it was safedisc 2.

I have 2 drives

I: ATAPI CD=ROM MAX 58X
H: HP DVD WRITER 300N [CD-R/RW]

My computer is an HP Pavilion a562n if that matters

There are two methods for a physical backup as your dvdrw drive should be able creating a working copy of this safedisc version.

1. Use Alcohol 120% (not free) with the safedisc profile for reading and writing.

2. Use discdump in combination with burnatonce. They’re both free but it’s not as easy as using Alcohol 120%.

Guide can be found here for alcohol and discdump/burnatonce combination.

p.s. A non physical backup is also possible which will work in any case using a virtual drive like daemon tools.

I’m not exactly sure what I’m supposed to be doign with A120 or with that link you sent me…

Scroll down to [B]Aclohol 120%[/B] and follow the guide.

Ugh… under datatype safedisc2 doesnt show up…

image making wizard, and under datatype select Safedisc 2/3/4

Well, when I’m burning, it still says disc read errors =(

Moved to CD & DVD Copy Protections forum…

Disc read errors are normal for safedisc protected cds. Just be patient and allow the reading process to complete.

Sorry about that. Thanks

So just let it go and it should work okay?

Yes. When you use Alcohol 120% choose the safedisc profile for burning your image not the safedisc 2/3/4 profile.

Okay well the burn worked, but I can’t run the game, it just freezes. But the normal copy of the game still works.