Burning multiple vob files to 1 dvd havingprobs

I have dl 40 power ranger episodes, which i converted from avi to vob .I can burn single vob to disc no problem, (using nero) butcant seem to get it to letme put more files on disc, each file roughly 1 gbin size, and am only tring to get 4 eps, roughly 4gb , onto a 4.7 gb disc. help please

Try to use dvd shrink in reauthor mode.

tried dvd shrink, but when i add other files it sticks with original

Can you explain better? I’m not sure what is problem

I have converted episodes to vob format, im trying to get 4 episodes to each disc, but so far have only managed to burn one episode per disc

in relation to dvd shrink, when i try to re author 4files it only shows the first file i put into it

If I understand you have a lot of vob files obtained converting a movie (divx or xvid maybe?) into DVD.

To reauthor with dvd shrink each episode must be in a different directory; then choose each episode in reauthor mode, each from proper directory on hard disc, and then press the backup button. This should give you a unique DVD containing all episodes chosen in reauthor mode.

If the source file is an avi, you can try to merge 4 episodes into 1 unique avi with virtualdub, and then convert this 4-episode movie in vob files to burn on a DVD.

i have 40 individual episodes, in avi, of whish i have converted 12 so far into vob with canopus. i am tring to pu 4 vob files on 1 disk

by directory, do u mean file?

When you convert an avi in vob, you should obtain a set of files: an IFO file, a BUP file, and a series of VOB files (variable number according to length of the movie).

Each episode should have all these files. If you put each group of files on separate directories on hard disc, then you should have a directory for each episode, and each directory should contain an IFO file, a BUP file, and VOB files.

Once you have 4 directories, each containing an episode, then you can use dvd shrink in reauthor mode to build a unique DVD containing 4 episodes.

Alternatively, you can merge 4 avi episodes with virtualDUB (a freeware tool) and then convert the 4-episode avi into DVD.

im sorry, i must be an idiot, i have put each file into a different directory, still no joy, each file has an ifo, and a bup file, i get as faras selecting the first file in dvd browser, and nothing happens, gr srry am getting upset with comp now lol

I try with a step example. Say me if I understand your problem and where I’m in error.

1. At start you have 1 file named “Episode1.avi”

2. You convert this file in vob with canopus. I never used canopus, but to call it a “dvd” then you must have FOR EACH EPISODE
    a) a file named VIDEO_TS.BUP
    b) a file named VIDEO_TS.IFO
    c) a file named VIDEO_TS.VOB
    d) a file named VTS_01_0.BUP
    e) a file named VTS_01_0.IFO
    f) a file named VTS_01_0.VOB
    g) a file named VTS_01_1.VOB
    h) a file named VTS_01_number.VOB
    …the number of vob files vary according to length of the movie

3. Then you have another file named “Episode 2.avi”

4. You convert this file in vob with canopus. Also fot this episode you must have the following files:
    a) a file named VIDEO_TS.BUP
    b) a file named VIDEO_TS.IFO
    c) a file named VIDEO_TS.VOB
    d) a file named VTS_01_0.BUP
    e) a file named VTS_01_0.IFO
    f) a file named VTS_01_0.VOB
    g) a file named VTS_01_1.VOB
    h) a file named VTS_01_number.VOB
    …the number of vob files vary according to length of the movie

etc

So for each episode you should have a directory on hard disc containing all these files. Each episode must contain a group of files, and not only the vob files.

If this is not the situation, can you explain exactly what files do you have?

thankyou for your help, i think i have got it sorted,