Burning multiple titles in a DVD

vbimport

ok i have this series i want to burn in a 4.7DVD disk

Title : Densha Otoko
Resolution : 720x450
aspect ratio : 4:9
size : 400mb

all in all it has 11 episodes, but when i try to make a dvd movie using Nero 7, when i put the first episode, it consumed almost 2 Gig of the Disk. so im guessing if i change the its resolution, mayb i might compress all of this title in one dvd.

Can someone point me to the right thread, because i want to burn multiple titles in a DVD. not a Data disk but a media DVD. i tried many stuff, but i failed.

It looks to me that you have Mpeg4 file and when you load it to NERO to make DVD it will turn it into Mpeg2, that is your 2G size.
Your posted specs are some weird once, aspect ratio???(usually 16:9 or 4:3), resolution??? (720x480 NTSC, 720x576 PAL).
Get Gspot (free software) to see what type of file you have.
If you have 11 episodes like that, it will be very hard to get it on single or double layer DVD without major lose of quality uless you want to keep them as a DivX(Mpeg4), than your DVD player has to be able to play that format, computer player no problem.

Adding to CDuncle’s remarks, this is a subject that shows here from time to time, so if you perform some search I think you will find questions quite alike to yours and maybe the answers given contain the explanations you’re looking for.
To compile the episodes you’ll need Nero Vision and if you need to fit the end files into a DVD you can try if Nero Recode can do it.
First remark, you will not improve quality above the source you’ve got, but heavu compression can bring you a lower one. And (re)encoding also can lower quality.
So, try to meet your requirements avoiding going up and down in file formats as it will not add quality (to the contrary) and will be very time consuming.

all in all it has 11 episodes, but when i try to make a dvd movie using Nero 7, when i put the first episode, it consumed almost 2 Gig of the Disk. so im guessing if i change the its resolution, mayb i might compress all of this title in one dvd.

It’s about running time, it has nothing to do with the size of the source. NeroVision 3 defaults to a bitrate rate of 5073 for ‘Standard Quality’ that’s almost 2 hours. What’s the running trime of this episode?

Your posted specs are some weird once, aspect ratio???(usually 16:9 or 4:3), resolution??? (720x480 NTSC, 720x576 PAL).

sory about that, i forgot the specifics. i made something up that was close to that number… hehe

It’s about running time, it has nothing to do with the size of the source. NeroVision 3 defaults to a bitrate rate of 5073 for ‘Standard Quality’ that’s almost 2 hours. What’s the running trime of this episode?

1 hour. but i dont think that time of the video wont matter because i saw pirated dvd9s that have 8 movies compiled to one dvd. i want to know how they do that, at least in a 4.7dvd. :slight_smile: can u point me to the right thread so u wont bother typing it if the thread exist already.

The quality of this type process would be so low that is almost useless.

And why do you want to know how they did that?
Besides, the quality must be terrible.

i want to do it because here in my country, most of the dvd players wont support mpeg4 and wont read data dvds. i just want to share my treasured videos to everyone, specially those who doesnt want to watch it on a pc.

can someone give me a good video converter that converts avi to mpeg2, half D1

I’m going to close this thread, since it’s clear that you asking how to illegally distribute copyrighted material.

Also please DO NOT cross-post the same question across different areas of the forum.

Please read the rules again. :cop: