Burning multi-session DVD+R with Nero

vbimport

I want to burn multi-session DVD+R with Nero 6 but before starting the burning process Nero displays a warning message: “You are about to create multisession write once DVD disc…” I can not understand! I always burn multi-session CDs. Are DVD medias not suitable for multi-session burning? Thanks…

Multi-session is supported in +RW only, unfortunately…

Fortunately, that isn’t true! :disagree:

Multi-session is supported for DVD+/-R and DVD+/-RW in Nero 6.

I have just successfully started a multisession DVD+R in Nero 6.6.1.4 and added two more sessions to the same disc, so this is not something I just dug up from the dusty recesses of my memory. :wink:

When you want to start a multisesion disc in Nero 6 Burning ROM, use File => New… and select a DVD-ROM(ISO) compilation or other relevant compilation, select the Multisession tab and select Start Multisession disc.
(Image 1 below).

When you have added the relevant files press the burn button and don’t select the Finalize option.
(Image 2 below).

When you want to add a new session to a multisession disc in Nero 6 Burning ROM, use File => New… and select a DVD-ROM(ISO) compilation or other relevant compilation, select the Multisession tab and select Continue Multisession disc.
(Image 3 below).

In the Select Session window, choose the last session on the disc unless you want to continue the multisession disc from an earlier session.
(Image 4 below).

If the multisession disc was created by Nero, you might be asked whether to refresh the compilation already on the disc. Choose the answer that is appropriate for your needs.

When you have added the relevant files press the burn button and don’t select the Finalize option.

You can continue doing this until the disc is full.

Yep - that’s fair comment :flower:. I should have said TRUE multisession is only for +RW :cool:.

You can burn more than one session on a write-once disc, but the subsequent sessions won’t necessarily be recognised under all circumstances under different DVD-ROM players. This is what Nero is warning you against.

This has particular relevance with MPEG4 video, and how to add extra sessions of foreign language subtitles as you find them.

Multisession on dvd is what I wouldn’t recommend.

Can u explain; why? What is the problem with DVD?

Thanks a lot for everybody intrested with topic… :clap:

From my own experience and what I’ve read in amyn posts, it will give you much issues.
You could even use RWs to avoid using Multisession. :wink:

I thought we just explained what the potential problem was:

If you have to change your DVD reader/rewriter in the future, for example, you may not be able to access any sessions after the first.

Why not just have a folder on your HDD, and when it’s got about 4.7GB in it, burn to DVD in a single session. No risks that way.

This is an old prob, sometimes the result of an O/S shortcoming. For instance, Windows used to be unable to “see” the several sessions in a disc.
Don’t know if keeps the same, but that’s probably the reason for the warning message.
Sometimes, the package you used “sees” everything but if you use another to read the disc you can have the same problem.
The are packages that can give you some help, like this one (not free but not that expensive):
http://www.cdroller.com/

If you pick the key features 4th bullet, you go to this page:

http://www.cdroller.com/htm/selector.htm

As you can see they call it “Session selector” and addresses your problem, for both CD and DVD (no ref to + or -).

Yes, I think ISObuster will also allow access to unrecoverable sessions.

However it’s a bit of fathing around to get the data back and reburn (and then as you say it’s the same problem), plus you have to pay.