Burning MPEG to DVD - please help

Hi all.

I’m a newbie at this so please bear with me.

I downloaded an 740mb MPEG-4 torrent from the internet and it works fine in my PC media player. I looked at freeware to convert it to DVD files and downloaded some software (sorry can’t remember the name and I’m at work, I’ll add later).

I now have a 2gb MPEG-2 file which I have tried to burn using Nero but it doesn’t want to do it. It’s asking me for Video TS files and won’t recognise the MPEG-2.

I’m sure this is glaringly obvious to someone.

Any help much appreciated

thanks

Use Nero Vision

You can use Nero Vision to put the mpeg2 into dvd format, you can also use it for the conversion, but there are better free options.

To go from mpeg2 or avi, or mpeg4 all the way to a finished dvd ready to burn, look at AVStoDVD, DVDFlick or FAVC. All of them are free to use, and easily found via Google. All can be set up to burn automatically with an excellent, free burning program called ImgBurn.

[QUOTE=markster;2307221]Hi all.

I’m a newbie at this so please bear with me.

I downloaded an 740mb MPEG-4 torrent from the internet and it works fine in my PC media player. I looked at freeware to convert it to DVD files and downloaded some software (sorry can’t remember the name and I’m at work, I’ll add later).

I now have a 2gb MPEG-2 file which I have tried to burn using Nero but it doesn’t want to do it. It’s asking me for Video TS files and won’t recognise the MPEG-2.

[B]I’m sure this is glaringly obvious to someone.[/B]

Any help much appreciated

thanks[/QUOTE]

Buying the original is easier in all cases. :iagree:

[QUOTE=chef;2307625]Buying the original is easier in all cases. :iagree:[/QUOTE]Really ?
There are many works (movies, documentaries, etc.) partly or completely
freed from copyright which aren’t available for purchase at all :iagree:

thanks guys

Kerry, I got DVD flick and that has done the trick thanks

chef, I know what you mean. Like I said, first and probably last time I’ll do this, but I missed the theatrical release of a film I [I]really[/I] wanted to see so I got it just this once. I’ll probably buy the originial if it’s any good anyway

As Terramex pointed out, there are quite a few films and videos available online that are legal to download and convert. And we always give our members the benefit of a doubt when discussing downloaded material. But in the future, please remember that we cannot help with material that is copyright protected and downloaded without permission of the copyright holders.