Burning Mp3's

recently i downloaded a new song by Blue Rodeo.When I tried to burn it in wave format my pc locked up and required a reboot.After asking some friends about new copy protections i was told there is a new copy protection out that cant be beaten, aparently Cheryl Crow has it also, is this true? or is there a way around it?

ok, a few corrections, it CAN be copied, just not easily. Second, the copyguard you are speaking of is only on physical CDs, not mp3 downloads, mp3 never has copyguards. I think your problem is your burning program. What program/version/OS are you using?

Originally posted by MrTao
recently i downloaded a new song by Blue Rodeo.When I tried to burn it in wave format my pc locked up and required a reboot.After asking some friends about new copy protections i was told there is a new copy protection out that cant be beaten, aparently Cheryl Crow has it also, is this true? or is there a way around it?

Dude, if it’s an MP3, then the copy protection hasn’t worked, cos it it’s already been read off the CD and MP3ified.

If the program you are using to convert the MP3 to audio cd is hanging, probably try a different program.

Even try Converting the MP3 to CD Audio(PCM) using winamp or Lame decoder first, then burn as an auio cd.