Burning MP3's or FLAC from Disc to Disc

vbimport

I am having problems finding a Program to Burn songs from different CD’s onto another CD. I place my Disc in Drive D. I then click on Drive D and the CD comes up with the songs. However, when I try to drop and Drag songs to the window of the CD Burner, they don’t go. I’m trying to take songs from different CD’s that I burned in the past and make a new CD. What am I doing wrong? Also, I can’t find on many Burners where I can make a New Folder for the songs I’m burning. I am running Windows 10.
Thanks, ptfitzy

Are these audio cds or data cds (i.e. mp3)

They are Audio CD’s. Then some programs start burning ISO Files. I’m not real familiar with why they need to do that.
Also, do all the songs on the CD need to be burned to another Disc and then a new folder? Then do I put a few songs from the second disc onto a third disc?
Thanks, Phil

When you view an audio CD in Windows Explorer you are actually viewing a table of contents and not the actual track
You need to use a CD ripping program
EAC
foobar2000

You could also try fre.ac which has been my favorite audio cd ripper for some time.

[QUOTE=philamber;2772698]You could also try fre.ac which has been my favorite audio cd ripper for some time.[/QUOTE]

I must check that out at some stage.

I very happily used CD-Ex for a great number of years but haven’t yet found a suitable replacement that I’m entirely satisfied with

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thanks a lot. I’ll try that.
Phil

I’m not using Windows Explorer. I am using just Firefox if that makes any sense.
What I ended up doing is making a New Folder then drug and dropped them to the Folder.
For some reason when I tried to Rip the songs, they did not rip to my Hard Drive.
or my Music Folder.
Phil

Windows Explorer is your file browser. It is also called File Explorer. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-whats-changed-in-file-explorer … That’s where you’re making new folders & such.

Internet Explorer is the internet browser [which has been replaced with Edge]. Just to clear up that confusion. :wink:

Thanks a lot. As you can probably tell, I’m not a Rocket Scientist when it comes to computers.
Also, If you want to use a “Ripping” Program, can you rip MP3 to MP3?
Thanks, Phil

[QUOTE=Wombler;2772723]I must check that out at some stage.

I very happily used CD-Ex for a great number of years but haven’t yet found a suitable replacement that I’m entirely satisfied with

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

CD-EX might carry adware nowadays

[QUOTE=gonca;2772761]CD-EX might carry adware nowadays[/QUOTE]

TBH I stopped using it when Windows 7 came out as it wasn’t compatible but that’s a long time ago now.

At the time they said it wouldn’t be updated so I just abandoned it and went elsewhere.

Nothing since has been as good though, at least that’s from my perspective.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Check out FREE Rip. There are 2 versions and you can get a promotional upgrade to the 2nd one:) Either works fine me and rips tracks in multiple formats.

[QUOTE=Wombler;2772781]TBH I stopped using it when Windows 7 came out as it wasn’t compatible but that’s a long time ago now.

At the time they said it wouldn’t be updated so I just abandoned it and went elsewhere.

Nothing since has been as good though, at least that’s from my perspective.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Version 1.77 might have been the last adware free version

[QUOTE=gonca;2772811]Version 1.77 might have been the last adware free version[/QUOTE]

I’ll check it out when I get a chance. Thanks for that.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=jc836;2772802]Check out FREE Rip. There are 2 versions and you can get a promotional upgrade to the 2nd one:) Either works fine me and rips tracks in multiple formats.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info. I’ll try that.
Phil

[QUOTE=ptfitzy;2772903]Thanks for that info. I’ll try that.
Phil[/QUOTE]

Does that “K Lite Codec” download help with ripping or burning CD’s?
Thanks, Phil