Burning MP3's onto a DVD Disk

I have 4 gig of music on my harddrive and would like 2 burn them onto a dvd disk so I can play them in my DVD player. My dvd player does support the playing of MP3’s. I have used Nero with just the deafult settings no go. If there are any setting in am missing please tell me. I am currently using Nero 6.0.0.0. I know it’s not the latest, but it does me fine.

Thanx for taking the time to read my enquiry.

Swatty.

swatkat

Make sure your DVD supports playing MP3s from DVD. Mine (Sony - forget the model) plays MP3s only from a CD.

Dave

Originally posted by dewd2
[B]swatkat

Make sure your DVD supports playing MP3s from DVD. Mine (Sony - forget the model) plays MP3s only from a CD.

Dave [/B]

I remember burning them onto DVD ages ago but I cannot remember how I did it.

Swatty

They will burn but that does not mean they will play as a lot of standalone dvd players only support mp3 on cd not dvd…

How do you burn mp3s onto a DVD? What mode do you use to make the complilation? I thought you might be able to create a DVD Video project and simply put the files into the Audio folder, however the option to burn is grey and it won’t work. Why is this?

The easiest way in nero would be create mp3 dvd or data dvd.

I would use the Data DVD option. Most DVD players that support MP3 playback will read the entire DVD’s directory structure (up to 8 deep I think) and display all the MP3’s they find.