Burning mp3's on dvd disk for playback on car cd/dvd player

like the title saids, i’m interested in purchasing a cd/dvd car indash player (without a screen). my goal for it is to use it mainly as a mp3 player (with 2 or 3 dvd disk holding my entire collections). thats my plan. my question is, is there anything i should pay attention too when burning my files ( layed out a certain way) or is it just like mp3’s on cd-r? creating dirctories allowed?

I’m not sure but it must support mp3 on dvd, this feature is called in some dvd players
Giga Mp3.

[QUOTE=sinister357;1247716]like the title saids, i’m interested in purchasing a cd/dvd car indash player (without a screen). my goal for it is to use it mainly as a mp3 player (with 2 or 3 dvd disk holding my entire collections). thats my plan. my question is, is there anything i should pay attention too when burning my files ( layed out a certain way) or is it just like mp3’s on cd-r? creating dirctories allowed?[/QUOTE]
If you just copy over in to the dvd disc you music in any format e.g. mp3 just like you would with a cd then burn it using a burning program e.g windows media player then when its finnished burning insert disc into your cd/dvd player and the songs sould play. the cd player in your car must be compatible with DVD-R and CD disks or it will not work. hope this helps you.

The file structure you burn to the disc can be important depending on the specific player.

On for example a Sony MEX-DV2200 head unit you can only turn shuffle On-off
and the shuffle only shuffles the current “album” so wiht a DVD-mp3 filled with songs off different albums it’s annoying.

I had to burn my discs after deleting the folder “tree” structure.
(you may take this to mean that the unit’s behavior on “shuffle” really pisses me off)

My older head unit had multiple shuffle modes Shuffle 1 would play the current “disc” or "album"
shuffle 2 would play everything in the specific playback unit (all the discs in my mp3 capable CD changer)
Shuffle 3 would shuffle EVERYTHING attached head unit player, and any and all disc changers that might be attached.

I recommend you get a unit that will play back DVD-RW so you don’t waste a lot of discs learning what your chosen player likes…

Frankly my next unit will have a BACK PLANE (not front panel) USB jack and I intend to run a medium sized Notebook hard drive on it (I have an enclosure set up for external power so it doesn’t try to draw full power
from the USB jack.

You may consider me officially disillusioned with the idea of mp3-DVD’s

I think most or at least many have switched from burning MP3s on disc to purchasing car players with USB support…That’s what I did, and I ain’t turning back dang it!.:wink:

I think most or at least many have switched from burning MP3s on disc to purchasing car players with USB support…That’s what I did, I ain’t turning back dang it.

Me too. 4 DAYS of music on a chip the size of my pinkie nail…

One feature you should look for is auto resume at last play point. When I start my car be it 1 minute, 2 hours, 3 days or 4 weeks later it starts playing a cd or mp3 cd right where it left off. In my friend’s car I end up listening to the same half of the same songs over and over over again. Half the time he just pushes the next song button. Either way after years of riding with him I’ve yet to hear the last half of most of his songs! Maybe if we ever went on a road trip I would get my chance.

Rusty

[QUOTE=coogle;2568936]I think most or at least many have switched from burning MP3s on disc to purchasing car players with USB support…[/QUOTE] Yep, it’s much more handy than a CD/DVD based mp3 player. :iagree:

The original question in this thread was asked in 2006, however.