Burning MP3 CDs without gaps

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone know’s of a way to burn MP3 CDs so that the tracks don’t have slight jumps in between (I burn at 192 bitrate I don’t know if that makes a difference). I used to rip them as one big track but I would prefer not to do that if possible. Also if anyone knows if I could do this with the Zune that would be helpful as well. Thanks in advance!

• Rodie

MP3 cd’s are data cd’s with (a lot of) mp3 files on them. These mp3 files are seperate files and will be loaded in sequentially by any device. There always will be a certain “jump” because of the loading times.

I used to rip them as one big track but I would prefer not to do that if possible
The only method if you want a total “jumpless” music experience.

Also if anyone knows if I could do this with the Zune that would be helpful as well.
A zune can’t write mp3 cd’s. It can playback mp3 and wma of course. Seperate wma files will also have “jumps”.

MP3 was never designed to be gapless. As such it has an inherrent drawback in that it uses frames to compress the music. The problem happens if the song or track ends part way through a frame, the MP3 encode must complete the frame so it fills the space up with 0’s which means there is a small gap.

Some encoders can now move data from the next track onto the end of the previous to avoid the padding but I have so far not been able to remove gaps in MP3’s

The other problem you have is that not all MP3 players support gapless play even if you remove any padding. This means things are stacked against gapless MP3’s.

Rodie
What software do you use to rip and burn your MP3s
Thanks
phoneboy

I use DBPowerAmp and the Zune program to rip and Nero to burn.