Burning Movies on DVD-R in NTSC format

vbimport

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been burning data disks for sometime now, but my boyfriend and i just got this new 52" widescreen tv and it just seems like a shame to keep watching movies on my laptop instead of this gorgeous tv. I’ve been trying to burn my movies onto DVD-R discs and play them in the dvd player, but it keeps telling me it’s not in NTSC format. I’m using NeroVision Express to burn my dvds, how do I burn one in NTSC format?

What version of nero are you using? 6, 7, 8?

Nero Start Smart…8? I think. I just upgraded a about two weeks ago.

Welcome to CDF’s:

ok i give up…what format are they on your HDD?

If you have the movie on the hard drive, open it with Gspot video utility and post the screen shot. This will tell us a great deal about the resolution, codec, fps and audio used in the movie.

If it is a dvd-video, just open one of the vob files inside the Video_TS folder with Gspot.

[QUOTE=rskidmore;2048382]Hi Everyone,

I’ve been burning data disks for sometime now, but my boyfriend and i just got this new 52" widescreen tv and it just seems like a shame to keep watching movies on my laptop instead of this gorgeous tv. I’ve been trying to burn my movies onto DVD-R discs and play them in the dvd player, but it keeps telling me it’s not in NTSC format. I’m using NeroVision Express to burn my dvds, [B]how do I burn one in NTSC format?[/B][/QUOTE]

You cannot, you first have to transcode it into NTSC.

In"nero vision"not “nero express” select “make dvd”, select “dvd video”, at the bottom click “more”, click “video options”, select NTSC from the general tab drop down. Hope this helps, let us know.

Jethro - I did what you said and went to video options. It was already set to NTSC so shouldn’t that mean that i’ve been burning in that setting all along? I’m burning a movie right now to see if it works.

If you just used "nero express it will make the dvd the same as it is in the files, in your case it sounds like it was PAL, in “nero vision” it will make it What ever you need it to be for your player

Unfortunately, Nero is not a good choice for PAL to NTSC conversion. Maybe you’ll get lucky though.

Some posters say ConvertXtoDVD can do decent job for PAL to NTSC.
Kind of one click operation.

[QUOTE=CDuncle;2049491]Some posters say ConvertXtoDVD can do decent job for PAL to NTSC.
Kind of one click operation.[/QUOTE]

Yup. And vice-versa. :slight_smile:

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all of your ideas and input. My boyfriend actually just bought an S-Video Cable, so we’re going to use that instead of burning dvd’s now, but thanks for everything! (Unfortunately the movie I burnt after using your solutions didn’t work, so I guess Nero doesn’t burn in that format? I don’t know) Thanks!!

What i did was go buy a DVD/DIVX region free player. I use a RCA DRC285. Plays anything.

Hi,
Yeah, and the most TV`s can handle both PAL or NTSC…
Bye,
W.A.:cool: