Burning movie files to DVD

Im new to burning. hope this questions arent too lame

I burnt to Verbatim DVD R DL using Roxio Creator DE Free Download.
Ive successfully burnt two movies.
Two however fail. the files appear the same type VOB BUP IFO, whether the burning completes or fails and the error message is the same.

It Says…

[I]Recording error
Recording errors can occur when a disc contains dirt, fingerprints, or scratches.

If you are getting recording errors:

Try using a new disc.
Try using a different manufacturer’s disc.
Ensure the disc is clean before recording:
Remove all fingerprints, dirt, and dust from the shiny side of your disc using a nonabrasive cloth with a mild, nonabrasive soap solution.
Wipe the disc from the center to the edge.
Dry the disc completely. [/I]

clicking on the advanced explanation returns…

[I]Sense: 04 ASC: 03 ASCQ: 00 (Command 2A)

Px.dll: 3.2.52.500
PxAFS.DLL: 3.2.52.500
pxdrv.dll: 1.1.99.0
PxMas.dll: 3.2.52.500
PxSFS.DLL: 3.2.52.500
PxWave.dll: 3.2.52.500
pxwma.dll: 1.0.0.3[/I]

Can someone tell me what this means and if I can overcome this?

Secondly, even though the failed attempts fail, I can not reuse the DVD R disk again. is there a way to overcome this?

Finally, I believe using a DVD RW disc would overcome the second point above but is it possible to get a DVD RW disk that is 8.5 gig in size? I can only find DVD RW 4.7gig in size.

appreciate any help.

thanks
kroqster

The program most recommended for doing Dual Layer DVD’s, is IMGBURN. Many others seem to have issues with the layer break…

I don’t think there are any DL +RW disks available kroqster.

And once you make a coaster with a regular DL disk, it is gone for good, so there is no recovery possible.

Follow harley’s advice and use ImgBurn for double layer burns. Use only Verbatim brand DL media and burn at 4x.

See if one of these will help.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=86742

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=86730

thanks for this. The burn failed again but did get passed the previous fail point at least on a gig basis. previously always crashed on 6.3 gig done but this way got to 6.66gig. Error message was…

[I]"I/O Error!

Device: [1:0:0] MATSHITA DVD±RW UJ-857G Z111 (E:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 31 A2 80 00 00 20 00
Interpretation: Write (10) - Sectors: 3252864 - 3252895

Sense Area: F1 00 04 00 31 9F 90 0A 00 29 00 00 03 00 00 00 00 00
Interpretation: Peripheral Device Write Fault"[/I]

If I click on RETRY it says the same except the last part becomes…

[I]“Sense Area : 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 87 00 00 64 00 00 00 00 00
Interpretation: Illegal Mode For this track”[/I]

any thoughts?
Its not possible to take these sectors out or skip them?
(although i think if i can, subsequent sectors will incurr the same problem?)

frustrating…

Typically, crappy drive+crappy media=>failed burns…Hope that helps…

more helpful would be something about which drives and media are good… thanks

[QUOTE=kroqster;2274360]more helpful would be something about which drives and media are good… thanks[/QUOTE]

Follow harley’s advice and use ImgBurn for double layer burns.[B] Use only Verbatim brand DL media[/B] and burn at 4x.

Get a Pioneer burner.

more helpful would be something about which drives and media are good… thanks

Research, google, etc. that’s always a good start…:wink:
I like the Pioneer as well…Which good/reliable media to use, was already recommended above…:slight_smile:

thanks everyone… i did use IMGBurn after it was reccommended and still used Verbatim R DL and still didnt work… so the problem is the burner? the hardware in my DELL XPS laptop? Dell sold me a burner that doesnt work? (although I have successfully burnt two movies…)…

Matshita drives are known to be very poor writers and burning double layer disks is not something I would try with one of them.

Get an external burner and connect it via USB to your laptop.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2275172]Matshita drives are known to be very poor writers and burning double layer disks is not something I would try with one of them.[/QUOTE]

thats disapointing. esp considering the ones rated on here are only around $40-$100(?).

thanks everyone