Burning media code OPTODISCK001

Anyone happen to able to burnt those faster than 2X. They are suppose to be 4X , but nero only allows 2X. I am using Herrie beta 6 firmware.

You should be happy that you can write them at 2x.
I had lots of these discs before and found them to be very crappy. :Z
Unfortunately I had lots of these discs from several brands. Out of about 20 discs, I was only able to write 4 or 5 that could be read without errors afterwards. Even when written with a Pioneer 106 burner.

ooh really… darn… I just brought a pack of 25 of these… they are actually more expensive than a generic brand ( with LONGTEN 001 code). Those generic ones, I can burn them at 4X too…
thanks for the info.

i am also using beta6 and Nero allows me to burn on 4x.
The brand is mmore and burnt fine on stock 1.06 fw.

hmmm… interesting. My firmware say it is 1.07 now. But not sure why nero still don’t let me burnt it at 4X. I am using the newest nero version. Do you happent to have the exact link to the beta 6 firmware? just to compared to see if I din’t dll the wrong beta.

thanks.

Originally posted by mtakako
[B]hmmm… interesting. My firmware say it is 1.07 now. But not sure why nero still don’t let me burnt it at 4X. I am using the newest nero version. Do you happent to have the exact link to the beta 6 firmware? just to compared to see if I din’t dll the wrong beta.

thanks. [/B]

Please post the complete mediacode. I expect you have the 2x DVD-R’s from Optodisc, not the 4x ones!

I think this is the complete media code… got from dvdinfopro.

00000000 00 2A 00 00 01 40 C1 FD 9E D8 50 00 02 7A 0D 11 .*…@…P…z…
00000010 88 88 70 00 03 4F 50 54 4F 44 49 00 04 53 43 4B …p…OPTODI…SCK
00000020 30 30 31 00 05 88 80 00 00 00 01 00 0E 40 00 A8 001…@…

Sighs and rolls his eyes: :rolleyes:

We already have a database of media ADIP codes;
Optodisc DVD-R

I notice you do have one for the optodisc but they hae differnent media code as mine “supposely” be a 4X disc but only show as 2X. So was just wondering if that is because the disc is 2X itself and accident sold as 4X or because of a firmware issue. Btw, Herrie, beta 6 give really good burn quality…:bigsmile:

Originally posted by mtakako
I notice you do have one for the optodisc but they hae differnent media code as mine “supposely” be a 4X disc but only show as 2X. So was just wondering if that is because the disc is 2X itself and accident sold as 4X or because of a firmware issue. Btw, Herrie, beta 6 give really good burn quality…:bigsmile:

Read the whole thread please, your code is there. It’s actually 1x media, and while some drives can burn it at 4x, 2x is it’s default speed in most drives. If you read the ADIP, you will see it says “Media ID Code Speed: 1x”

sorry, I am pretty new to these. I had read that tread , yes I agree the Media code/Manufacturer ID is the same , but the exact media ID is differnet than the one I have.