Burning MCC 03RG20 at 20x rated 16x

vbimport

Anybody else able to burn these discs at higher speeds than rated consistently?

I just burned a couple off with my Optiarc 7201A, top speed 20.1x. (Drive max speed is 20x)
Verification was successful.

Can anybody tell me if I can do PIE/PIF scans on this drive and if so how/where to get software? Thanks;)

Hi,

stuff from Verbatim or TY is often the only blank media that can be written at speeds higher than 16x which they are rated for.

You can use your AD-720x for scanning using CD/DVD Speed (comes with Nerö). The results might not be comparable to those obtained by a Liteon, but at least you’ll get an idea.

Michael

The results might not be comparable to those obtained by a Liteon, but at least you’ll get an idea.

And if you compare the scan to the same media burned at say half rated speed, you’ll get a better idea.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2503082]And if you compare the scan to the same media burned at say half rated speed, you’ll get a better idea.[/QUOTE]Hehe, my own 7200A is speed limited (by hardware), so I can’t figure out myself :bigsmile:

Michael

All I can say is holy crap! :bow: ----> Optiarc

burned at 20x setting (Angular velocity increased to max of 19.4x) 4GB of data on disc. Scanned at 16x… i can’t believe it.

I burned another one at 16x after making this thread, because I was scared of getting high PIE… the 16x did worse, even when scanned at 8x. Max of 320 PIE, 46 PIF!!!

Optimum burn speed for this media is probably 12x… so if I plan on long term storage I’ll burn at that speed. But day to day use 20x is sweet! Burning in less than 5 minutes = awesomeness. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=monkeyshiner;2503109]All I can say is holy crap! :bow: ----> Optiarc

burned at 20x setting (Angular velocity increased to max of 19.4x) 4GB of data on disc. Scanned at 16x… i can’t believe it.

I burned another one at 16x after making this thread, because I was scared of getting high PIE… the 16x did worse, even when scanned at 8x. Max of 320 PIE, 46 PIF!!!

Optimum burn speed for this media is probably 12x… so if I plan on long term storage I’ll burn at that speed. But day to day use 20x is sweet! Burning in less than 5 minutes = awesomeness. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Try scanning @5x on the Optiarc and see if the results are similar or better