Burning many youtube videos to dvd

Hi,

This is my first post, so please bear with me. I run a custom car chopshop and recently recieved a somewhat strange request from a client who wanted to play music videos on his built-in dvd system (a Pioneer AVIC-F900BT). He gave me a usb stick with over 300 music videos (just under 4 gigs), mostly downloaded from youtube and in the .flv format.

Having done a little research myself, I found that I could convert the videos into mpeg-2 and then burn using any standard burning program like Nero Express. Unfortunatley, most of the programs I have looked at limit you to burning a max of 60 - 99 video files onto the dvd.

My question is the following: is there anyway i can burn these 300 .flv videos onto a SINGLE dvd disk (as they are well below the standard dvd size). Because they will be played on a tiny screen - resolution and quality is not of importance. Please recommend software that I could purchase to convert and burn these files.

Thank you for your time and help.

Their small size is because they are .flv.Once converted to standard DVD format with AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS folders with .bup , .ifo & .vob each video is a lot larger in size(more bytes).
I also think the max of 99 is DVD standard so I don’t think you can go beyond that.
There are DVD players that play Divx & Xvid I haven’t got into those formats yet but I understand they are smaller so would be able to put more on a DVD disc.I will let those that know fill in more information on these.
I would guess that someone that knew how could double the 99 on a dual layer disc.Maybe all 300 could be burned with the Divx or Xvid.If the player supports that format.
The only one I’ve done is a single layer DVD +R (after some trials with an +RW).It contains 48 YouTube videos & is 3.90 GB.So far it has played on all players I’ve tried it on including a Pyle DVD player in a car.
I did this DVD with DVDFlick.Which is supposed to handle up to 50 but it always failed with 49 or 50 but worked fine once I dropped to 48.
I also used Orbit downloader to get the files from YouTube.The reason I like it is it alows the DL in 2 channel audio.Most only do one channel.
Even the two channel is not really stereo but a duplication on mono.This is going to be true for all YouTube videos no matter what you use to DL them.

Thanks for the helpfull reply!

Yes, I have had some luck in the past with DVDFlick, but as you mentioned it caps the maximum files allowed at 50. I’m not sure about the maximum standards of DVDs and whether they have limits.

I’m prety sure that there must be a way to get at least 100 videos (provided they are under 4.7gigs) onto a standard DVD disk that will play in most players.

I know in the past I have made dvd ‘data’ disks that contained over 80 video files and played in home dvd players that were compatible with mpeg-2 and DivX.

As far as I know, there is no way to burn .flv files onto a dvd without first converting them. Any tips on the best way to convert them so that they remain small in file size and are easily burnable onto dvd?

I don’t think there is a way for even a 100 if your looking to play it on most DVD players & use a SL DVD disk.
I was hoping someone with knowlege on doing this with DIVX would post.Those won’t play on most players yet.
Even if you could burn as .flv without conversion a player that would play them would be the problem.
You can load .flv in DVDFlick without first converting them but it does convert them before burning.& as I posted I could only get DVDFlick to work with a maximum of 48 & not 50.Even if the amount was 3.90 GB.
So any DIVX or XVID experts out there that have a method for this ?

IMHO, forget converting already crappy FLVs to mpeg2…
Extract and convert to avi, w/o re-encoding using this method, and fit as many AVIs as will fit on DVD disc…Get a DVD/ Ultra DivX/Xvid AVI capable player…

t0nee1;A well of information as usual.I bookmarked the link & will look it over better .Then maybe give it a go .
I’ve been intending on learning some about DIVX & XVID this looks like a good place to start.