Burning Large WAV Files

vbimport

Greetings,

Does anyone know any software i can use to burn large WAV files to CD? I have 10 WAV files that are about 200-300mb each. They are DSS files i converted to WAV from my digital recorder. I know it is going to be alot of cd’s but i havent been able to figure out how to squeeze those files onto CD’s. Is there a program that i can dump all these files into and it will prompt me for the next CD each time it runs out of room?

Thanks,

Travis

I’m pretty sure you can’t squeeze wavs down. I think ignition software will take your files and sort them out to best fit onto CD’s.

Thats about the best I can give you I am afraid.

If I remember when I record music off old games and such, .WAV files are considerably larger than MPEG Audio Layer-3 (MP3). I would convert the .wav files to MP3 unless you need it in .wav for some reason.

I agree with Cyberwiz. If you need it to be a .WAV then don’t read the rest of my post…

A .MP3 is a compressed music/sound file, and unless you have some of the best ears in the world, you won’t hear any difference. Just convert the .WAV files into .MP3 files using any audio/media converter. A few are:

• Blaze Media Pro (Best media converter/CD ripper/CD burner (audio) IMO)
  • I use Sound Forge for .WAV to .MP3
  • OSSMediaConverterPro
  • WAV2MP3 Wizard
  • Do a Google/Download.com search for ‘media converter’, ‘audio converter’, ‘wav to mp3’ or ‘wav2mp3’

Then just burn the .MP3 files onto a CD using NERO. Nero has a bar at the bottom telling you how much space is left on the CD, but assuming you converted from .WAV to .MP3 , you shouldn’t even fill half the CD up :slight_smile: