Burning in DOS with Ghost

Hello,
I’m trying to burn a image of my HD to CD using Ghost 5.1. My CD-RW is a HP 8200i. HP told me that recording in DOS is not supported. Any way to make this happen? Maybe some generic drivers and a CD burning ap?
Thanks in advance

maybe Ghost 5.1 don’t support your drive/or don’t support burn is DOS. I use Ghost 2003 ( 8.0) and it work very well with my LiteON 40125W@48125W VS08 (Fit a XP 1.6 GB in just 1 CD :slight_smile:

Hi, can someone tell me why sould burn in DOS? I really don´t know!
:o Thanks!

Originally posted by Moyerman
Hello,
I’m trying to burn a image of my HD to CD using Ghost 5.1. My CD-RW is a HP 8200i. HP told me that recording in DOS is not supported. Any way to make this happen? Maybe some generic drivers and a CD burning ap?
Thanks in advance

Not the answer, But a way around.

option 1:

1: If you have an extra HD laying around. Add it to your system, 2: Format it Fat32,
3: boot with a win98 boot disk (with ghost on it)
4: ghost drive 1 to an image on drive 2
5: reboot to OS and burn the image to CD

Option 2:

1: Partition your current drive so there is enough space to hold an image of your machine.
2: Format it fat32
3: Copy Ghost.exe to the new partition
4: boot with a win98 boot disk
5: Go to this new drive letter6: Run Ghost from this drive
7: Create Partition to Image
6: reboot to OS and burn the image to CD

You can even make this CD bootable if you wish, by creating a 98 boot disk that automatically starts the correct CD drivers then adding it in NERO to a bootable CD

Rotame, the reason for burning in dos would be to avoid all of the above… Which Ghost 2003 allows you to do.

Thanks for the repy. I was thinking about this at work today and decided this would be the way to go. I want to start with a clean install anyway so I’ll go with FDISK and do everything from a diffrent partition. By the way this is a cool site!
Thanks again,
Moyerman

thanks for your info but still don´t see the reason why.:confused:

thanks for your info but still don´t see the reason why.

Ghost is usualy started from a boot disk, using either PC Dos or MS Dos.

Hence, no windows components are loaded.