Burning images, question

Ok so, I wanna burn an image onto a DL Disc, but I was wondering, is there a way to add a file or folder along with the image? I want to put a folder onto it with other data and I want to keep them together.

Thanks in advance!

-Cyne

An image file doesn’t allow to do this, so the only solution is to manually modify the image file adding the other contents and then save the new image.

There are some softwares to modify image files, like powerISO for example, but at the moment I don’t remember if it’s free or not :doh:

Newbie here, so not 100% sure this would work, but can’t you just mount the image file using Daemon tools (or other) and then create a new compilation in your burning package adding all the files from the mounted image, and then any other files/folders you want included?

Sláinte

midders

Well, the whole purpose I asked the qustion was so that I could burn it to a disc to free up space and wanted to include the extra folder along with the image. Last time I used PowerISO or whatever program I used before to add files to an image, it screwed up the Disc name and the disc ended up being ??? instead of the original name of the disc among other things.

There must be an alternative.

-Cyne

Another way is this: use winRAR or ultraISO to extract all the contents of the ISO file on a folder (or Daemon Tools as suggested by midders), then use ImgBurn to create another image file including the folder you want to add, and finally burn the new image file.

Actually, in build mode, with imgburn you can also burn directly on a disc.

the easiest way for Newbie to solve this problem is to use winrar, extract that image files into a folder, then add the files that you want to add to that folder. Then use free version of nero to create an image file or any other iso programs out there, preferably the ultraISO to create a new image file with the added files into it. Your problem solved

[QUOTE=ghetocowboy;1970848]the easiest way for Newbie to solve this problem is to use winrar, extract that image files into a folder, then add the files that you want to add to that folder. Then use free version of nero to create an image file or any other iso programs out there, preferably the ultraISO to create a new image file with the added files into it. Your problem solved[/QUOTE]

What has winrar really to to with extracting an “ISO”?
Mount the ISO, copy the content into a subfolder on hdd, then add the other stuff and build/author the crap.

[QUOTE=chef;1970860]What has winrar really to to with extracting an “ISO”?
Mount the ISO, copy the content into a subfolder on hdd, then add the other stuff and build/author the crap.[/QUOTE]

Chef, Winrar recognizes ISO image file and extracts the image as good as any other image software if not better. I go with this route since winrar is very commonly used, I use winrar for this same purpose since I dont like to install too many tools on my computer and I dont like image drive at all because it slows down the computer dramatically. I only install Alcohol/Demon tool for the tough to crack copy protection but I haven’t copied any things lately. I use Winrar a lot and VLC for playing and extracting ISO file since I copy more than 3 movies a day from ISO files

Good point, I wasnt aware of that feature by wainrar yet. Never tried it… :smiley:

Almost any ZIP program will open an ISO file.

I use a Little freeware program called “Extract Now” It works great.
http://www.extractnow.com/

Ok so I’m using UltraISO now, I edited the image and added in my folder. When I select a destination to save the edited image, it finishes but then the image ends up being like 1 GB smaller than the original image. What happend? Also, when I try to Save or Save As, it says “Only ISO Volume will be saved, continue anyway?” What does that mean?

-Cyne

[QUOTE=Cyne;1972517]Ok so I’m using UltraISO now, I edited the image and added in my folder. When I select a destination to save the edited image, it finishes but then the image ends up being like 1 GB smaller than the original image. What happend? Also, when I try to Save or Save As, it says “Only ISO Volume will be saved, continue anyway?” What does that mean?

-Cyne[/QUOTE]

use your ultraISO and extract your original image file to a folder. Add your new files to that folder, use cloneDVD or any other software to burn it from that folder. If you dont have anything to burn with, then use UltraISO and convert that folder into an image file again and burn the image file using UltraISO