Burning High File Size .Iso to 2 Discs

Hi, I have a question on burning a software to 2 discs.

I have an Image File at 5.2Gbs, but I only have 4.7Gb Discs, Is there any way I can split the Image File so they install using 2 discs?

An Example: When I install the game and it meets the data end point, it would say “Please Insert Disc 2”.

Is there any way I can do that?

Nope.

Well actually there probably is but you will need to reprogram the game to do it.

Time to buy some 8.5gb discs.

Buy multi-layer disks

DVD±R DL media.

Any ideas are what I should search for if there is a program?

I serious doubt there is a program. Simply becuase you will have to mess around with the coding of the game. That means that you need to know what language it is written in.

The program would have to decompile it add the bit in which says go to disc one/ go to disc two. Fiddle with the copy protection so that dosn’t fail the copy check and then recompile it. It also has to do this in a way so that you are not swappig discs every 3 seconds because of where the split in the disc is located.

All that just to get the Install shield to read from 2 discs? o_O

because I’m not playing the ISO, I just want it to install from 2 discs instead of one… I thought it would have been easier than In-Play disc reading…

For what sense, I may ask?!?

because it’s 5.2gbs and I don’t wanna get a 8gb disc x_x

You could zip or rar the image into parts, the 700mb selection is fine. Then just burn the parts to two discs and when you need to install it, unrar, mount with DT4 and away you go.

Ive had to do that because I cant shell out the cash for DL discs yet. They are sooo damn expensive.

If you want to have a decent job done then burn this file size into Double Layer disc.

Please Read TSAC, I said I don’t want to buy a 8GB Dual Layer disc, I wanna make it 2 bootable dvds, so when I install the first DVD it installs and tells me “Please Insert Disc 2” when it’s done so I can install Disc 2

ROXIO 6 will perform that function if you can find it.
[IMG]

Then you better google your request may be there is a solution for it but I doubt it.

The point is: Use the original disc!

[QUOTE=frozenwind;1620524]Hi, I have a question on burning a software to 2 discs.

I have an Image File at 5.2Gbs, but I only have 4.7Gb Discs, Is there any way I can split the Image File so they install using 2 discs?

An Example: When I install the game and it meets the data end point, it would say “Please Insert Disc 2”.

Is there any way I can do that?[/QUOTE]

if its just a game you can get daemon tools and mount your iso to a virtual drive and run it from there.

[QUOTE=frozenwind;1622900]Any ideas are what I should search for if there is a program?[/QUOTE]

Nope!

Did YOU create that game iso or from where is it???